DW Banyan
    Tarp
    HG DCF Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Zingger View Post
    The dutchware 2.3mm doesn't work great with tarpworms and the thinner offering is a bit small for my liking. I just ordered some of the Nama 1.9 reflective cord. The fact that it can be spliced is what convinced me to try it. I plan to use it as a CRL and for guy lines.
    Curious, what problems did you have with the tarp worms? I’m trying both 2 and 2.5 mm Lawson glow wire with the tarp worms and they seem to be holding fine.

Hammock
    DIY MTN 1.7 11' x 62"
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Becket to CL
    No problems with the 2.3mm holding on the tarp worms/hooks once the loop is formed. I started off with the 1.75mm lashit and then got it in my head that reflective cord was needed when other people are in the area. I know where my lines are and am not likely to trip over them, but I do worry about others. The 1.75mm is quickly becoming my favorite out of all the lines. Lashit is more prone to tangle than the reflective lines in the 2mm - 2.5mm range but my stake lines are short and the 1.75 wraps onto the tarp hook so easily. If I were tying knots the Dutch 2.3mm or Lawson 2.5mm would be the way to go. I have converted one tarp CRL over to the Nama gear 1.9mm using the tac toggle method and find it doesn't cut into my hand like the 1.75mm lashit. If the determining factor was reflectivity alone - hands down Lawson.

Lashit - should there be a space, hyphenation or is this French for great cordage?
    Lurker for years here - Trying to increase my post count so I can sell one of my hammocks.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zingger View Post
    Lashit - should there be a space, hyphenation or is this French for great cordage?
    I see what you did there. Hehe.

I personally just bought some of the 1.5mm reflective line from Paria Outdoors (Ultralight Dyneema® Tarp and Tent Guy Line | Cord - Paria Outdoor Products), and it works like a charm with the Dutch bling I have (ringworms). HTH
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    DIY MTN 1.7 11' x 62"
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Becket to CL
    I may have to try those ringworms next time I order from Dutch, they look much easier to work with.
    Lurker for years here - Trying to increase my post count so I can sell one of my hammocks.

Images
    Nice with Easton Aluminum Stakes - I like to add the Glow-in-the-Dark shock-cord at the tarp tie-outs. No tangles... Any adjustments may be made from the underside of the tarp, and since my 4-lb tarp is 5000mm Hydrostatic Head (185T Polyester) the line can be slackened to add a rain collector.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]191868[IMG_0169[1].jpg/ATTACH]

Hammock
    DIY MTN 1.7 11' x 62"
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Becket to CL
    The glow in the dark shock cord is a great solution.

[QUOTE=jcksparow;2087113]Dutch used to sell a product called Reflect-it that was basically a spliceable Dyneema cord (comparable to zing-it or lash-it) with a reflective tracer woven into it. It doesn't seem to be available currently, though I don't know if that was because the product was discontinued or if there's a supply issue related to Lawson changing shops recently.

I don't make anything for Dutch and haven't sold him line in probably 7-8 years. When I sold him line, it was marked as Lawson Glowire. I never made Dutchwire or Reflect it or anything with a private label name for him.. Those two cords came after we stopped doing business together.

Thanks,
    Lawson

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LawsonEquipment View Post
    I don't make anything for Dutch and haven't sold him line in probably 7-8 years. When I sold him line, it was marked as Lawson Glowire. I never made Dutchwire or Reflect it or anything with a private label name for him.. Those two cords came after we stopped doing business together.

Thanks,
    Lawson
    Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification!
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12