Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Onewind Hammock Kit

I recently came across Onewind Hammocks on Amazon. Does anyone have any experience with these products?
    Last edited by Tmornstar; 03-10-2023 at 11:24. Reason: Typo

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    I have some of their stuff. You will definitely find haters of them on here, some w/ no real reason other than they come from a different country or are sold on Amazon.
    I've used the tarp for several years and it's gone through multiple storms including a hurricane. And when I say several years that means a massive amount of use because I sleep outside in a hammock more than 300 days a year. The only real fault I have w/ it is that it's silnylon and will sag a bit when wet.
    I also use their 11' double/wide hammock and have been using it for the same amount of time. It starting to get some sun fade at the ends even though I try to keep it out of the desert sun as much as I can.
    I have used their UQs and pretty much hate them. I now have other quilts from some of the cottage venders which are much better in all ways. I also haven't been impressed w/ some of the other things they offer.
    So bottom line, I think their hammocks and tarps are a good deal and perfect for someone on a budget or just starting out. Save your money for quilts from the better venders.

"Sent w/o me knowing"
    Last edited by LowTech; 03-10-2023 at 12:06.

I appreciate the info! Thanks!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LowTech View Post
    I have some of their stuff. You will definitely find haters of them on here, some w/ no real reason other than they come from a different country or are sold on Amazon.
    Well, I'll definitely cop to avoiding hammock equipment sold on Amazon, and avoiding hammock equipment from China. But the real reason I don't like OneWind and OneTigris is their stuff is just inferior. On paper, they're inferior, and you don't even have to to see the stuff in person to know that. Don't even think of comparing their stuff to that sold by cottage vendors - they'll lose, and lose badly on weight, quality, and construction.

But if your sole criterion is cheapest? Then yeah, OneWind and OneTigris is the hammock gear you want!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    all i can say is BULL. I have both products from both, as well as your vendors other than price I have not seen any difference. Not everyone can afford to buy so called top shelf.

I have the Pinnacle 360 by Ridge Outdoor Gear and I find it to be an excellent budget camping hammock. I motorcycle camp a few times a year and can't justify the high cost of the cottage hammocks. The difference is gas I could be putting in the bike to visit more amazing destinations. Maybe I'm missing out, but I seem to sleep well in the 360.
    https://www.amazon.com/Camping-Hammo.../dp/B088SBDG83
    Last edited by PineLaneRider; 03-11-2023 at 07:38. Reason: correct text

Quote Originally Posted by Tmornstar View Post
    I recently came across Onewind Hammocks on Amazon. Does anyone have any experience with these products?
    I dont. Check out Blackie Thomas on You Tube. He has several reviews of their products on his channel.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    And here's one from Derek Hansen, the man that wrote the Ultimate Hang books.

https://youtu.be/iSdQCXLXZe4

"Sent w/o me knowing"

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Could not agree more with LowTech. I have their complete kit and I'm very happy with it.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I'm using their winter cover now. Derek is right - the built-in "windows" are set a little high with no option to close them. With socks that have a zipper closure, you can adjust where and how much of an opening you want to provide for condensation abatement. I do like the bottom entry. I liked the bottom entry on my first Henessey too. No zippers to deal with. You'd be surprised how loud a zipper can be in the middle of the night when the rest of the camp is asleep (or was asleep).
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast