Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmornstar View Post
    I recently came across Onewind Hammocks on Amazon. Does anyone have any experience with these products?
    My son has their tarp with doors and loves it. Having seen it in person I have to say it's a good value and well made. It's silnylon, so not the absolute lightest tarp available, but it's on par with any other silnylon tarp. It also comes with an amazing amount of extras like lines and tension devices and such. While it wouldn't be my first choice in a tarp, mainly because I like silpoly better, I wouldn't be unhappy with it at all.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    H.G. Circadian
    Tarp
    H.G. DCF Hex
    Insulation
    H.G. 20 degree
    Suspension
    Daisy chain
    I bought the 12' w/doors version as an alternate for my DCF hex during deep winter and horrible weather late last year, I agree, for the price and weight I think it's a pretty great deal. Came completely seam taped(even the guy out reinforcement stitching) and the rigging isn't super heavy. The stuff sack is almost uselessly small though, and I hate those loop alien things.
    Ended up swapping their cordage and aliens with zing-it, knots, and a Hansen style CRL, kept their quick tensioners for the guy-outs. It's served me well so far, although I don't have much more than a week worth of nights under it.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmornstar View Post
    I recently came across Onewind Hammocks on Amazon. Does anyone have any experience with these products?
    I picked up the zippered hammock on a whim, as I was gifted an amazon card, and was eyeballing Shug's Hammock Hitch video at the same time. realized i needed a gathered end for it, not a Draumr

anyways,

I'm pretty surprised how decent it is

it's VERY similar to some of the cottage guys stuff, the whoopie sling ridge line is a nice addon

the zipper is cheap bit. just 2 pulls, on the one side. it's not as nice as something that Dutch, warbonnet, or Little SHop of Hammocks makes, but at under 100 canadian dollarydoos I was ok with adding it to the fleet

really looking forward to getting a real hang in it when the snow is gone (it's still belly button deep in my yard)

Hammock
    One Wind 11'
    Tarp
    One Wind 12'
    Insulation
    Diy for summer
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Thank you for this link. I just bought this hammock because I didn't want to spend a lot finding out if I liked hammock camping. I am also glad to see a favorable review from someone so renowned in the community.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DW Wide Rectangle
    Insulation
    Jacks r Better zip
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    I think it's the best of the budget gear, they design it like the cottage brands, actually 11' hammocks, peaks, ridgelines, zip on bug net, etc... They just use the cheapest possible materials and are sometimes a bit shady on the actual size.

They might of gotten into a bit of trouble with that because they used to list there tarps as 11x10 and 12x 10, but they were 9'6.7" when you went to the specs and they would round up. Then people would measure and it was even less. Now the website shows the actual size.

A lot of it is material choose, silnylon I don't think any cottage vendors offers for tarps, it's silpoly or DCF. It's both weight and sagging when wet. Will it keep you dry? Yes. Is it the same as a more expensive cottage brand? No.

One wind is a great value and many people, here, Facebook, and reddit have used them for years and love them.

Many on the same places will look down at them as cheap Chinese Amazon junk.

Reality is everyone has a different level of disposable income to spend on this hobby. Onewind will allow you to get out there and enjoy hanging, so great. If you can afford or justify spending more on a better product even better. Important thing is hang your own hang and find a way to get outside.

Images
    The OP asks for experience, so all of the responses fall under the "It Depends" umbrella.

A more focused inquiry finds that their Aerie 12' XXL offers a bottom entry drawstring/cinch bugnet in polyester, the ridgeline is a UHMWPE Whoopie Sling, the hammock is 2.1 oz, 70D, Hexagon Ripstop, a polyester ridgeline organizer, a double sided stuff sack, and a prussik lantern hanger. Not too bad for $75-US dollars and a 100% money back guarantee.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_guilbeau View Post
    The OP asks for experience,
    now that I've used mine for the summer, it's definitely a pretty decent entry level bugnet hammock

it's comfortable, doesn't stretch too much, and I don't experience any shoulder squeeze in it, and i'm super sensitive that right now, with frozen shoulders ongoing (bleh)

for under half the price of the cottage guys, it's a great way to test drive a hammock, before investing in one of the better ones

Quote Originally Posted by LowTech View Post
    I have some of their stuff. You will definitely find haters of them on here, some w/ no real reason other than they come from a different country or are sold on Amazon.
    I've used the tarp for several years and it's gone through multiple storms including a hurricane. And when I say several years that means a massive amount of use because I sleep outside in a hammock more than 300 days a year. The only real fault I have w/ it is that it's silnylon and will sag a bit when wet.
    I also use their 11' double/wide hammock and have been using it for the same amount of time. It starting to get some sun fade at the ends even though I try to keep it out of the desert sun as much as I can.
    I have used their UQs and pretty much hate them. I now have other quilts from some of the cottage venders which are much better in all ways. I also haven't been impressed w/ some of the other things they offer.
    So bottom line, I think their hammocks and tarps are a good deal and perfect for someone on a budget or just starting out. Save your money for quilts from the better venders.

"Sent w/o me knowing"
    300 days a year?

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC View Post
    300 days a year?
    Crazy, right?! I think that I probably did about 350 + - this past year.

My current "bedroom",

IMG_20240124_134008657_HDR.jpg

"Sent w/o me knowing"

Quote Originally Posted by LowTech View Post
    Crazy, right?! I think that I probably did about 350 + - this past year.

My current "bedroom",

IMG_20240124_134008657_HDR.jpg

"Sent w/o me knowing"
    Nice. Solar charger? Don't see one.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast