Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool PA-Spring MAHHA 2023-Apr 21-23, 2023- Official Planning Thread

Here's what you've all been waiting for!

There is a 100 person limit, so you will want to sign up sooner rather than later!

If you indicated you were coming by using the "Going" button on the event page, that is not an official sign up. Please sign up on the sheet listed on the link below!

17th Annual Spring MAHHA 2023

WHEN: Friday, April 21 - Sunday, April 23
    WHERE: Caledonia State Park
    101 Pine Grove Rd, Fayetteville, PA

https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/.../Caledoni...s/default.aspx

GPS DD: Lat. 39.9089 Long. -77.4783

WHO'S COMING?
    Sign up here to attend and/or bring food/equipment. See the tabs at the bottom of the sign up sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

MAPS:
    FULL CAMPGROUND MAP:
    https://elibrary.dcnr.pa.gov/GetDocu...VLpWG80Ro9S36g

GROUP CAMPGROUND MAP: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1itD...w?usp=drivesdk

CALEDONIA REC MAP: https://elibrary.dcnr.pa.gov/GetDocu...VLpWG80Ro9S36g

PARKING GUIDE/MAP: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SAI...w?usp=drivesdk
    Yellow Arrow: group campground entrance (gear drop off lot).
    Pink Arrow: Parking Lot #1 where you can park your car for the event.
    Blue Arrow: AT Overnight Parking lot if you are backpacking before/after event.
    PRE/POST MAHHA HIKE OVERNIGHT PARKING: see website for information

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K2o...w?usp=drivesdk

PLEASE NOTE: WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE everyone who doesn’t need continual access to their car to park at the office once you drop off your camping equipment. The Midland Trail will take you to Group Camping from there. Also, please obey all park rules/signs and don’t park in front of the gate.

SATURDAY BREAKFAST
    7 AM Served in the grassy area in front of the group site bathrooms.

Dutch and company will be serving up their famous breakfast burritos! Coffee, tea and water are provided. Sign up is provided for additional items.

SATURDAY POTLUCK DINNER
    5 PM Served in the grassy area in front of the group site bathrooms.

Dutch is cooking up a Lowcountry Boil!!!
    Are you ready for a culinary adventure unlike any other? Get your bibs ready and your taste buds prepared, because for the first time ever, we are thrilled to announce a Lowcountry Boil for the Saturday potluck!

This mouthwatering Southern tradition, also known as a "Frogmore Stew," brings together a savory boil of shrimp, sausage, and veggies, cooked to perfection with a special blend of spices that will have you licking your fingers clean.
    So come on down to MAHHA and join us for Saturday evening potluck and a Lowcountry Boil- you won't regret it! We can't wait to see you there!

Clean-up After Dinner: After the meal, Please make sure you clean up your eating area and take/dispose of any food/containers you’ve brought. This will help to leave the group camping area in the same or better condition than when we arrived. Please do not leave food behind!

RAFFLE
    6 PM Takes place in the grassy area in front of the group site bathrooms.

$10 per ticket. Raffle ticket sales are 4-5 pm in the grassy area in front of the group site bathrooms.

Raffle details will be revealed as vendors send them to the shop. Please see Facebook or Hammock Forums for more information.

Nuts & Bolts:
    Free Camping: All 5 of the group sites have been reserved for this event. The cost for these sites is covered by donations.

WIFI/Cell Phone Coverage: The park office mentions that they have pretty good cell service for Verizon but ATT can be sketchy. However, WIFI is available at the park office with password shown in window. You will find best coverage toward Rt 30 corridor.

Pets: Great news! This park is “pro pet”. However, they only welcome well behaved pets. Also, whether you bring a dog, cat, bird, or ferret, please keep him/her/them on a leash.

Free Firewood: Available starting Friday afternoon. No chainsaws please.

Water: The group site has water at the group camp bathhouse, and there is a sink outside of the restrooms for dishwashing.

Bathrooms/Showers: The group site has men and women's flush toilets and sinks with running water. Showers are included and are located at the Hosack Run Campground. They are just a short walk down the Chambersburg Waterline Trail and are nice and clean!

Alcohol: No alcoholic beverages allowed in the state park. Rangers will be patrolling the area.

Vendor Sales: There will be no vendor sales. MAHHA hangs are for fun, new friends, food, chillin’, etc. We, as a group, do not have a sales permit for this park and have no interest in obtaining one.

Departure: When leaving, please look around your area to make sure everything is cleaned up. We want to leave the park in the same or better condition than when we arrived. If someone forgot something, take it with you and post on Facebook/Hammock Forums.

Organizers: Thanks to all who help serve, clean, collect, and donate. We couldn’t pull all this off without help from so many people!! We have such an excellent group!!
    Last edited by Vickence; 03-07-2023 at 22:32.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Hey everyone,

this year I am planning on doing a Low Country Boil for the Saturday night dinner. That is Shrimp, Potatoes, Smoked Sausage, Corn and lot and lots of garlic. I am hoping for a big feast for this year. I am also hoping to have Jeremiah Barker chili. Vicki is about to put up the sign up sheet. Sign up early because we may have to cut it off at 100 people or so. One last note, we try to accommodate everyone for the parking but we are putting 75 cars in the space of 25. If anyone doesn't need access to their car, please drop off gear and park at the park office. Peace everyone and let's make this year a great one.
    Dutch
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Hey, everyone!

We've got some great raffle items donated to us, so be on the lookout for posts on those!
    Last edited by Dutch; 03-07-2023 at 21:09.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon or DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & CDT TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    87 rostered as of a few minutes ago.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Looks like it's going to fill up fast-we will see!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Well, it's official. It's now harder to attend MAHHA than it is to win something in the raffle.

Apparently, some folks get to bring 3, 4, or 5 guests, but if you didn't sign up in the first two hours, you're SOL. That just doesn't seem right somehow.
    I suppose this is what it feels like to be a Taylor Swift fan.

Oh well ... I guess I'll try to see you all in the Fall. But unless something changes to affect the attendance limits, I think I may have already attended my final MAHHA. I doubt that I will ever be quick enough on the draw to lock in a slot. It's been a lot of fun meeting new folks and hanging with everyone over the past few years. I'm really going to miss it!

Your loss, though. No more popcorn balls for you!
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

The State sets the limit, not us. We will definitely be working an a solution. We had no idea it would fill up that fast.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickence View Post
    The State sets the limit, not us. We will definitely be working an a solution. We had no idea it would fill up that fast.
    I suspected that was the case. I don't bear any ill will for the organizers. I get that y'all are constrained by external factors . I also can't blame all those who already signed up so fast. I know how great the event is and why everyone wants so badly to attend. But for purely selfish reasons, I really hope some folks drop out so that I can sneak in.

Good luck working the solution! As great as Caledonia SP is, I suspect the topic of relocation may raise it's head again this year.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

It probably will. The last 2 hangs the Rangers made it clear they were watching our numbers. We don't want a problem once we've all arrived. Thanks for understanding!

Just to let everyone know, we did set up a waitlist in case there are cancelations. I just can't guarantee it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast