Blackbird
    Tarp
    11' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Beckett and EVOs
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    This thread convinced me to buy some 2mm "Reflective Guy Line" from HG last night. I bought 100ft and will outfit a new WB Minifly with a ridgeline, and retrofit my stakes/LineLoc 3s from 1.3mm cord to this new 2mm cord.

I tried to buy from the Lawson Gear site, but the stuff I wanted was not available unfortunately.
    I looked at Lawson's site myself, and ended up buying 150 feet from Hammockgear. I had a 10% off coupon and took advantage of that. I've got two Superfly tarps so while I plan on testing on one tarp, I also planned ahead to be able to outfit both

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    11' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Beckett and EVOs
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    I had the same thought. I've been using Line-Loc 3s with some Dutchware reflective cord (Reflect It?) that came with my Dutchware Hookworms a few years ago. I think it's 1.3mm, which is on the small side for the Line-Loc 3s. 2mm would do the trick for me.
    Got mine today (although USPS still says it's waiting for the package to be given to them...). Replaced the 4 tie outs and so far I like it. I obviously had not had a chance to go camp with it yet, but it bites better in the Line-Locs. Also seems to take knots well - I used a bowline on the D-ring, and a clove hitch a little further down since I use a shock cord tensioner on my tarp.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Received my line (and stuff) yesterday from HG. Just from the initial examination, I like it a lot. I can already tell it will work better in the Line-Loc 3s than the thinner cord I have been using. Once my new WB tarp arrives I will get it rigged up with this new line.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    For anyone interested seems to be some 2mm glowire in stock.

https://www.lawsonequipment.com/prod...40638949228676

I came across this thread while doing a google search.. The part about staging the camp out with non reflective guy lines made me laugh out loud.. hahaha : )

That said, last winter Me, My Dad and My Wife Danielle built a new workshop because we wanted to move out of our lease. BUT the whole process took way longer than expected, so our production was down for much longer than we had planned. So much so, that we had to move the equipment to a storage building for almost two months... I was going to send a newsletter regarding being down, but I didn't want anyone to think I was going to go out of business like this thread probably implied. Hind sight is always 20/20.

I want to be very clear to those of you who wonder how big Lawson Equipment is.. Most people know the story of David vs. Goliath. In that story, I am David... Lawson Equipment is a cottage business that has outgrown the original one car garage it started in, but is still a small business with just Me and Danielle. We have no employees. Your business matters to us and is greatly appreciated.

In regards to Hammock Gear selling our Glowire as their own. NOPE, its not from us.. I have never bought what they sell (maybe I should), so I can't tell you how close it is, but they are smart to offer such a product. From looking at the photos. It appears like they use a similar pick count. Same reflective pattern. Almost the same colors. They charge less. And it appears like its in stock.. I am not sure if their Polyester is dope dyed or what the tenacity is, or what the filament count is, or if they twist their jacket fibers in both S and Z or keep them flat, or how much tension the carriers are under, or how they ply their core, or if its twisted, or braided, or what type of reflective they use? 3M or Made in China? Do these details matter? To me they do... But to someone who doesn't make their own cordage? I going to assume NO.. Not because they don't care. But because they are not even going to be able to tell what is what, or even what half the above details even mean. Braiding is not Science and is not Art. It is a Scientific Art.. That said, it looks close enough for some of you to think its the same. So I'd call that a win for them! As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery : )

In regards to private label. I make zero private label cords anymore. I did it quite a bit in the past, but the usual result was the customer started with me because I offered 1 spool minimums. So I would develop them a sweet cord and then once they could find someone to knock it off for a cheaper price, then they cut me loose.. Most of these companies were cottage gear makers too, which was always the funniest part.. "BUY SMALL, even though I don't" For me, it was a business model that was not sustainable.. So now my focus is on my own products/cordage.. If it doesn't say my name on it, its not made by me. For 2024 I am working to get all my inventory back in stock and add some products. I am working on a new way to keep my inventory that will allow me to keep spools of cord in stock for those of you who want spools 300' long or more like we offered in the past. They should start to show up on the website soon.

Also if anyone has any requests I am all ears as I have made some cool stuff in the past, with very limited releases... Reflective Whoopie Line pictured above was such a product. I am not sure if there is demand for such a product anymore as that was a long time ago now..

Thanks for all the business and support over the years!
    Lawson

PS> Anytime anything related to lines is mentioned anywhere on the internet. Even towards the end of it.. I am perfectly ok with you guys dropping my name as Nanok mentioned. hahaha. : )

Edited for clarity..
    Last edited by LawsonEquipment; 02-14-2024 at 21:11.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    You're all ears?? I hope you read the WHOLE thread. How about the 2.5mm glowire you told me you'd have in stock soon...... LAST February!!

The 2.5mm Glowire was made since then.. We didn't email you back to let you know because you told us you had moved on to another cordage supplier.. That said, all six colors of 2.5mm are in production now. They should be available in a few weeks time, if your still interested..

Thanks,
    Lawson

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Only thing I am keeping an eye out for at the moment is the 9" titanium tent stakes. Danielle helped me get setup with a batch of the 7" back in September and they performed great.

The titanium tent stakes are on a hiatus for now as I am focusing my attention trying to get all my cordage back in stock first. But sooner than later they will be back along with other metal stuff.

I just got some 2.5mm Glowire made for those of you who were waiting for it..

I also am also selling spools of cordage again. 300' plus they are custom spooled.. They come with a little discount as well. You can buy a spool now in Guywire, Glowire, Ironwire, Reflective Ironwire and Ultraglide. Its been a LONG time since I have been able to say that..

I am still building up the inventory, so if there is something you want but don't see it please let me know and I can give you a lead time.

Thanks for your business and support!
    Lawson
    Last edited by LawsonEquipment; 03-12-2024 at 21:21.

Hammock
    SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Operator, Habanero
    Suspension
    Turtles, Whoopies
    Happy to see Lawson back up and running and back on HF!

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast