Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 XL
    Insulation
    LSOH Custom
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Ridgerunner Banyan question

Good day all!

I have had a Warbonnet RR for a few years and have been interested in the banyan and decided to pull the trigger (mainly due to the ridge line organizing ability as that is important to me when camping)

I have 3 lynx underquilts and would love to not have to buy more (re: loco Libre). So while the answer may be obvious I have to ask: if the ridge reaper fits both hammocks perfectly then I would imagine the Lynx would fit the banyan as well? This I am believing to be fact based on Spiguyvers
    Video comparing them both.

Appreciate any insight anyone may be able to provide on this.

Cheers!

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    APsolitude - you could inquire from the vendors - if the info isn't in the product spec - about the Length/width of their hammocks. The Lynx is a custom fit to the RidgeRunner. There are elastics at the foot end but they have minimal stretch - more designed to assure snugness of fit rather than a variety of hammock bed lengths.

I've experimented with using a general GE UQ on the bridge I play with for day hikes. It works for that but I've never tried it for nighttime cold.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    TE Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 XL
    Insulation
    LSOH Custom
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    This is the video by Spiguyver comparing the 2:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MVSAW5hUMPc

As I said he mentions the ridge reaper fitting perfectly on either hammock.

As far as the lynx yes I own a few so I’m aware of the attachments. It’s be very easy to extend those with shockcord if need be. Was just curious if it’s be done for the banyan. I have 3 lynx and would prefer to Use them interchangeably with the RR and Banyan.

Dutch lists the banyan specs as:

Dimensions – 80″L, 38″W (head end), 28″W (foot end)

Found 1 source on here that list RR specs as:

78”L, 36.5” (head), 29.5” (foot)

So they seem close enough that it should be workable but just wanted confirmation of that if possible!

Cheers!

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    Dutchware Dyneema
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Kammock Python UL
    APSolitude,

Let me know if you found your answer since I'm in the same situation as you. I've seen that video your talking about, and also a confirmation from another member on here (who was selling a Lynx and Banyan) that the Lynx will fit the Banyan. However, I'd love to hear more or see some pictures or videos confirming as much. I inquired at Warbonnet but they wouldn't confirm the fit. So, I went with a Loco Libre (still a few weeks out). Thanks.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    TL;DR= If the Banyon is the route you want to go- I'd definitely just put on the Lynx you own before you go looking for trouble as the general consensus seems to be that the fit is acceptable. I can't recall any reports of folks springing for one (other than the desire to own one of Loco Libre's sweet quilts).

Without getting technical- The bridges themselves are close enough.
    The big difference is up top- IE the Chameleon style dutchness vs Brandon's saddlebags and net.
    I believe the original Banyon had a 40" head bar to start but that was reduced to 38" along the way to take tension off the corners so if anything it should improve the cross compatibility of the quilts.

I should point out that I own only own a Loco Libre Ridgereaper which has a shock cord adjustment at the foot end.
    I haven't ever used/owned a Lynx so I don't know how similar that one's attachment system is but maybe toss a little heavy shock cord and Large cordlocks on your Banyon order just in case or for piece of mind so you're not worried about blowing anything out. They can be helpful to allow you to center the quilt up a little better as well (vs having stretch on one side only).

Dutch sells the ridgereaper too and has some good pictures of his recommended attachment method to give you an idea-
    https://dutchwaregear.com/product/lo...er-underquilt/

While warbonnett might not have had a chance to test the Banyon- Dutchware might have a Lynx they tested so worth an email to them too.

On my end bar bridge I definitely needed to add an additional shock cord loop to the Ridgereaper but mine has an 84" long bedspace and symmetrical 37" spreaders.
    (I haven't seen the James River Bridge in person but probably a closer comparison than the asymetrical bar RR/Banyon)

The only negative thing that I noticed is that at 5'10" I do 'heel up' to the end of the Ridgereaper more noticeably so the slightly longer Banyon may have something similar if you were nitpicky about it; but probably something only you can determine in person depending on your sleep position.

I get a little gapping in the center on my end bar bridge but not enough to cause any serious CBS or enough to justify picking up another quilt and the shape of mine differs more dramatically than the Banyon vs Ridgerunner. I find putting a little more slack in the bridge helps close that up if I'm getting a chill.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I have used both my Loco Libre Ridge Reaper and my Arrowhead Equipment Ridge Creek XL with the Ridgerunner and the Banyan. The AHE site even says it's not intended to fit the Banyan, but it does.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    Banyan Bridge or Haven
    Tarp
    Dutchware Xenon
    Insulation
    LocoLibre, UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    TL;DR= If the Banyon is the route you want to go- I'd definitely just put on the Lynx you own before you go looking for trouble as the general consensus seems to be that the fit is acceptable. I can't recall any reports of folks springing for one (other than the desire to own one of Loco Libre's sweet quilts).

I assumed the elastic was for the head end. Is it supposed to be foot?

Without getting technical- The bridges themselves are close enough.
    The big difference is up top- IE the Chameleon style dutchness vs Brandon's saddlebags and net.
    I believe the original Banyon had a 40" head bar to start but that was reduced to 38" along the way to take tension off the corners so if anything it should improve the cross compatibility of the quilts.

I should point out that I own only own a Loco Libre Ridgereaper which has a shock cord adjustment at the foot end.
    I haven't ever used/owned a Lynx so I don't know how similar that one's attachment system is but maybe toss a little heavy shock cord and Large cordlocks on your Banyon order just in case or for piece of mind so you're not worried about blowing anything out. They can be helpful to allow you to center the quilt up a little better as well (vs having stretch on one side only).

Dutch sells the ridgereaper too and has some good pictures of his recommended attachment method to give you an idea-
    https://dutchwaregear.com/product/lo...er-underquilt/

While warbonnett might not have had a chance to test the Banyon- Dutchware might have a Lynx they tested so worth an email to them too.

On my end bar bridge I definitely needed to add an additional shock cord loop to the Ridgereaper but mine has an 84" long bedspace and symmetrical 37" spreaders.
    (I haven't seen the James River Bridge in person but probably a closer comparison than the asymetrical bar RR/Banyon)

The only negative thing that I noticed is that at 5'10" I do 'heel up' to the end of the Ridgereaper more noticeably so the slightly longer Banyon may have something similar if you were nitpicky about it; but probably something only you can determine in person depending on your sleep position.

I get a little gapping in the center on my end bar bridge but not enough to cause any serious CBS or enough to justify picking up another quilt and the shape of mine differs more dramatically than the Banyon vs Ridgerunner. I find putting a little more slack in the bridge helps close that up if I'm getting a chill.

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    The adjustment on the ridge reaper is for the head end. Our original design was for the foot end, but we changed that shortly after launch as it was a better fit on the head end. If your not sure look for the tag - it's always on the head end.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Banyan Bridge or Haven
    Tarp
    Dutchware Xenon
    Insulation
    LocoLibre, UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by georgecarr View Post
    The adjustment on the ridge reaper is for the head end. Our original design was for the foot end, but we changed that shortly after launch as it was a better fit on the head end. If your not sure look for the tag - it's always on the head end.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Thanks. It felt right but that didn't mean I knew what the heck I was doing with this hammock thing.

• + New Posts