11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

Midwest Delegation to HangCon 2024

Many of us in the Midwest have thought about a trip to HangCon, but only some have actually gone. I'm willing to help organize a group for the 2024 HangCon.

After researching chartering a plane and a bus, and talking to several of you, it makes most sense (time-wise) to fly to Florida and then rent a vehicle.

At this time, I'm wondering who would be IN? Sign-up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Rough details:

HangCon dates: Thursday, Jan 11 - Monday, Jan 15

- Everybody finds their own ticket and flies down to Orlando on Thursday, Jan 11, 2024.

- We rent a vehicle and drive the 1.5 hrs to HangCon and stop at the nearest Walmart to pick up supplies on the way

- Return vehicle and fly back home on Monday, Jan 15, 2024.

- Everyone would need to take at least three days off of work. Thursday, Friday and then Monday.

- Although Tampa is closer to HangCon, there are more flights in/out of Orlando. If mulitple people want to fly into Tampa and rent a car from there, that's a great alternate plan.

- Renting a vehicle with Turo is the best price option I could find. We can pick up the vehicle at the airport. Many sizes available if we reserve early.

Approximate cost:

$400 - plane ticket
    $100 - car rental + gas
    $100 - food & misc
    $600 total

If you take $600 divide by 9 months = $66 a month. That's equal to a weekly Friday fishfry. Skip the fish and start setting aside money today!
    Last edited by Karla "with a k"; 02-28-2023 at 11:58.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Bonded
    Insulation
    Outdoor Vitals
    Suspension
    Bettle Buckels
    Very cool. Would be a great option for those of us just outside of the feasible driving circle. Really want to be able to make it. To far out to make a definite commitment but will for sure be following thread.

Hammock
    Superior Hammock / Dutch / Majestic
    Tarp
    Superior Shelter
    Insulation
    Superior Hammock
    Suspension
    SuperiorSuspension
    I would love to go next year, but due to my work schedule that time of year I may have to make it a shorter trip. Probably Friday afternoon and fly back Sunday evening. However, I would love to meet you all there.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    I just booked my ticket to HangCon!

If you are going and want to carpool from the airport, let me know.

I land in Orlando on Thurs, Jan 11 @ 11am and leave Orlando on Mon. Jan 15 @ 3pm.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

• + New Posts