TE Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 XL
    Insulation
    LSOH Custom
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Carbon Spreader Bars for WBRR?

Curious if anyone knows where to get some?

I’ve emailed Ruta Locura multiple times over the last few months and haven’t heard back. Are they still in business?

Appreciate any help/guidance!

Cheers!

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    That's were I got mine. Their listed phone number is (801) 645-2635
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    One data point to consider: The aluminum spreader bars made by DAC that Dutch uses on the Banyan are actually lighter than my Ruta Locura spreader bars. I was quite surprised at that. Having said that, they are different lengths, so likely aren't usable for the WBRR.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    TE Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 XL
    Insulation
    LSOH Custom
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    That's were I got mine. Their listed phone number is (801) 645-2635
    Appreciate it! I’ll try and call

Hammock
    TE Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 XL
    Insulation
    LSOH Custom
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
    One data point to consider: The aluminum spreader bars made by DAC that Dutch uses on the Banyan are actually lighter than my Ruta Locura spreader bars. I was quite surprised at that. Having said that, they are different lengths, so likely aren't usable for the WBRR.
    Yes I’ve toyed with ordering thinning DAC poles and attempting to build my own set but I don’t trust my handiwork haha

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    Dutchware Bonded
    Insulation
    Enlightened / HG
    Suspension
    HG Daisy Chain
    Images
    Same here! I ordered mine several years ago and even had them make custom lengths per my specifications with no issues.
    Some days I can't tell whether I found a rope or lost a horse...

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    An update for everyone here from Josh at Ruta Locura:

After some personal setbacks and some ongoing website issues- just passing along that he's got material to offer these poles again.

The bulk of his business is not hammock related so please be patient with him on these as he often has wholesale and/or government work that fills most of his time. I do wholesale my carbon fiber work from Josh and offered to update everyone here on his behalf- just a vendor helping another vendor help fellow hangers. These poles are not the correct poles or pricing for any bridges I build.

To the best of my knowledge these work with the Banyon but as noted elsewhere this is probably most beneficial for Ridgerunner's as the DAC poles being offered by Dutch fit the hardware on the Banyon better and are on par with CF weights; so the upgrade is likely not worth it unless you are the wealthiest of gram weenies.

These are not listed on his site and you need to contact him to order at [email protected]
    Here is the current options and pricing he'd give you if you email him (as of 5/1/23)

Bar info:
    I build these in two versions.
    The first is a set with two piece head bars, that weigh 6.1oz, and are $85.
    The second is a set with three piece head bars that weigh 6.4oz, that are $90. Shipping is $8 in the US, and I can send you an invoice via email to purchase these online.

The head bars in the two piece set take down to ~21", and the head bars in the three piece set take down to ~16".
    So mostly it comes down to the space and method you have to pack them. The foot bars in either version take down into 2 pieces.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet minifly
    Insulation
    EE underquilt, Kel
    Suspension
    Dynaweave Beckett
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    An update for everyone here from Josh at Ruta Locura:

After some personal setbacks and some ongoing website issues- just passing along that he's got material to offer these poles again.

The bulk of his business is not hammock related so please be patient with him on these as he often has wholesale and/or government work that fills most of his time. I do wholesale my carbon fiber work from Josh and offered to update everyone here on his behalf- just a vendor helping another vendor help fellow hangers. These poles are not the correct poles or pricing for any bridges I build.

To the best of my knowledge these work with the Banyon but as noted elsewhere this is probably most beneficial for Ridgerunner's as the DAC poles being offered by Dutch fit the hardware on the Banyon better and are on par with CF weights; so the upgrade is likely not worth it unless you are the wealthiest of gram weenies.

These are not listed on his site and you need to contact him to order at [email protected]
    Here is the current options and pricing he'd give you if you email him (as of 5/1/23)

Bar info:
    I build these in two versions.
    The first is a set with two piece head bars, that weigh 6.1oz, and are $85.
    The second is a set with three piece head bars that weigh 6.4oz, that are $90. Shipping is $8 in the US, and I can send you an invoice via email to purchase these online.

The head bars in the two piece set take down to ~21", and the head bars in the three piece set take down to ~16".
    So mostly it comes down to the space and method you have to pack them. The foot bars in either version take down into 2 pieces.
    I just picked up a set of RR spreaders from him back in early January after getting a set of his trekking poles, and God I am thankful I did. Considered taking the ‘hike poles as spreader bars’ route but I love using porch mode too much for that. It really is amazing how light CF is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Mentally, I'm still in the Smokies"
    https://lighterpack.com/r/x0j67m

Hammock
    WBRR
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch
    Images
    As far as DIY spreader bars, I made my own spreader bars that break down into 7 shorter sections. Foot-end bar breaks down into 3 sections, and the head-end bar breaks down into 4 sections. And the sections all nest into one another.
    I needed these bars to break down shorter because I use my WBRR for bikepacking. I’m also thinking of doing the same using Dutchware’s lighter set of poles.

• + New Posts