Some of you have enjoyed time in your hammocks at GHSP, so I wanted to let you know about this project.

I got the following email from our friend Marci, Head Ranger at Grayson Highlands State Park.
The weekend she is referring to is March 3 - 5
If there is anyone interested in going up for a day or two, let me know.

"I got a call from Jerry Ward yesterday about a fencing project next week. He’s the new president of the Wilburn Ridge Pony Association. He said that some of the members of the hammock group talked to him at the Fall Festival last year and expressed interest in supporting the group. They have a big fencing project next Friday and are accepting any and all assistance. He thought some of the group might be interested in coming up to pitch in. They are replacing a section of the boundary fence between us and the USFS where the AT crosses on the way to Mt. Rogers.

Our primitive camping opens on Friday & I’m going to block off a few sites Thursday through Sunday in the campground if anyone is interested in coming up to help and would like to stay to play. I’m not sure who talked to Jerry to email them directly. Is there a way to push notifications out to the group on the forums and if there is, would you mind to let them know? If not, do you think that they would see if it is just posted in the Winter Hang forum?

It’s been busy up here with the warm weather. It was nearly 70 on Wednesday!

It looks like there is a chance of rain next Friday, but at least the high is supposed to be in the low 50s.

Marci"