Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: YOBO Gear Hive

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Cajun sent over the pictures from his visit.

The Cricket (to me at least) seemed the best pairing. That's a pretty compact/light stand and The Happy Medium was an easy setup on it.
    Barry had some carabiners that I assume come with the stand and we simply ditched the ridgeline and clipped the head end right into the carabiner, then used a single cont. loop for the foot end.
    You can skip the loop (but it's a bit tough) for a tighter pitch or use two loops for a softer hang.

So total you need a spare continuous loop for modification and you're off to the races.
    Get the bridge itself tight- then adjust the legs of the stand itself to dial in your sit height.

For the motorcycle, paddling, car camping, etc... pretty sweet combo.

HappyMediumonCricket1.jpg
    HappyMediumonCricket2.jpg

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    The Hive-

Offset bunkbed- we could get two bridges on but I wouldn't call it a no problems setup exactly.

For what it's worth... we did try a few different setups, options, and configurations. I just picked a few of the pics.
    Alana and Bill- Offset bunkbed.jpg
    Bill over Alana- offset bunk bed.jpg

With me on the upper 'bunk' I could get in and out and so could my daughter.
    With me on the bottom 'bunk'... I needed to give my daughter a boost in.

They are setup Head/foot opposing and using different elevations and sides of the stand.
    And to the stand's credit... this is on painted/slippery concrete using wildly different setups and user weights at the same time at some odd angles and dangles to try stuff out.

Could we get underquilts on... probably. Pads would be better in this case.
    Could we goof around or get away with not being careful... no.
    Could we get by in a pinch for a night on a trip... I think so.
    Would I buy the stand for this setup... not at the moment. Cal may have a solution.
    In the meantime... I'd probably rather slap up a gathered end next to the bridge for a treeless state park site or other pinch.

AND...
    A hair more room but Happy Medium with Big Guy didn't do much more for us.
    Big Guy over Happy Medium.jpg

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    AND Finally...

Bridge plus Gathered end seemed to work fine. Though I think that you'd be better off with the taller person 'up high' simply for exit entry.

My wife is about 5'4" and the top bunk in this configuration wasn't impossible but it was a slight stretch.
    To that end... we dropped the bridge down a few inches for her to make entry easier. So there is actually more room available if I were in the bridge.
    That said; pretty sure underquilts would have been fine on either one with no issues. I'm not going to call it roomy... but it there is a bit more room than it appears even with some tossing and turning.

Maybe more time to play would've yielded some other ideas, but it seemed easier to take advantage of the sag of the Gathered end and put it 'low' while keeping the bridge high on the stand.

Using elevation of the hammock (seat height) to buy use extra room was the only real way we could get any of the combos to work well enough to use anything with the Big Guy/Luxury sized bridges.
    A straight up- side by side didn't fly unfortunately with the Big Guy in any setup.

This is an 11' 1.7 mountain hybrid gathered end on there. 12' would fit no problem either I suspect but you might actually run into an issue with something shorter.

Big Guy over 11gathered end.jpg
    Big Guy over 11 GE2.jpg

I need more suggestions of tarping my HIVE. I want my tarp to go OVER my poles, would love to find one that includes internal poles and bonus would have a side entry and not depend on nearby trees. Has anyone tarped their HIVE stand not using a tarp inside the stand?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tamaraweaver View Post
    I need more suggestions of tarping my HIVE. I want my tarp to go OVER my poles, would love to find one that includes internal poles and bonus would have a side entry and not depend on nearby trees. Has anyone tarped their HIVE stand not using a tarp inside the stand?
    You might take a look at Kammock's Kuhli XL Group Tarp 16.5-feet x 14.2-feet and Patagium™ 15D diamond ripstop nylon with Sil/PU + DWR waterproofing.

https://kammok.com/cdn/shop/products...g?v=1668093638

I would think that Amazon would have the right sized poles to run underneath the tarp, it would create quite a sail in gusty conditions.

[EDIT]: Video was worthless
    Last edited by joe_guilbeau; 10-05-2023 at 13:25.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by tamaraweaver View Post
    I'm currently making one.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Winterdream 12'
    Insulation
    Down or UP
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Adroa View Post
    RR fits great by itself, might be iffy with a bridge + a gathered end (gonna test once my test subjects kids get home). Skeptical two bridges would fit side by side.

Attachment 191323
    I tried my RR with my friend's Hive stand and didn't get that flat of a setup. Hers was completely extended and legs tall as they go. Kicking myself for not taking a picture but we were short on time. What I did was strap the continuous loops to the Hive silver bars right at the bar, center. Are there more mods to make to get it pulled flat? I side sleep in my tree-hung RR and just didn't want to mess around with my friend's brand new Hive stand the day she got it. The curve I had didn't let me get on my side. But the RR got on there. Maybe there is something different about the RR I bought used. What is my next step to improving the RR hang on the Hive?

Also got the suggestion of the Medium ridge on a Cricket as a way to go from a quick question to Cajun at Fall Sprawl. It was all about where the spreader bars fall when going off the books and using the Cricket stand. So now keeping a new eye on the Facebook group for that combo. I've now seen how large the Hive is and sort of think it would be taking over my studio apartment.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    My RR is the older style but I don't think much was updated with the suspension. I have the dogbones, then a loop, and attached to that is a whoopie sling that I normally attach to my tree strap. For that photo I skipped the whoopie sling and attached directly from the loop to the my strap. On both sides of the strap I actually came down a bit, if I wanted to I could have attached closer to the stand bars my RR would have been super taut.

Occurred to me I just set my stand up again last night to test out the tarp extension and it was still up. Here are some closer shot of how I connected.

IMG_6598.jpeg
    IMG_6599.jpg
    IMG_6600.jpeg
    IMG_6601.jpeg

Bit of room at both ends for me to make that tighter. Oh, I have also shortened my dogbones but I don't think it was by a huge amount. Think they are 37" now maybe?

It is definitely large, I don't think it would fit anywhere in my house other than the garage. In my old apartment this thing would have dominated a room and only fit because I was right out of college and basically had no furniture.

Any tall people able to weigh in on limitations the cricket stand might have?
    I have a Byer of Maine Paradiso cotton hammock that is a little bit longer than most of the hammocks listed that were confirmed to fit in the stand. However, I'm 5'3, so maybe there'd be a way to MacGyver it to fit since I don't need all of the space the hammock has?

Edit: The hammock's dimensions are longer than the stand's, so back to the drawing board for a comfortable indoor hammock.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    This thread has mainly been focused on the yobogear hive hammock stand as opposed to the cricket. Googling the hammock you mentioned I ended up here. Seems like the length of the hammock is 142". Guessing based on the photos that includes the strands at the ends and it seems like you can attach right off of those. According to google the RR I hung is 121 inches long and I had the dogbones coming off of that. Assuming you didn't want it drum tight my guess is you could probably hang off of the hive. Probably easiest to reach out to the vendor to confirm.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast