Tarp
    Dutchware Bonded
    Insulation
    Enlightened / HG
    Suspension
    HG Daisy Chain
    Images

Dual Hang Bridge?

Is it possible for a system that will support dual bridge hammocks? Found my wife is starting to enjoy a bridge hammock and would like to get her out in the woods and possibly looking to be under one extra wide tarp together. I know Dutch has a setup for gathered ends but have not found a way to for bridge hammocks.
    Some days I can't tell whether I found a rope or lost a horse...

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I haven't asked them whether the Hive can support 2 bridge hammocks, but I know it supports one bridge or two gathered ends, so maybe the YOBO Hive might fit the bill? Kickstarter for it starts tomorrow (Feb 21,2003)!

Hive Hammock Stand by YOBOgear — Kickstarter
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
    I haven't asked them whether the Hive can support 2 bridge hammocks, ...
    I asked them, and here's what Kristen from YOBO Gear said: They have tried out having two bridge hammocks, but it won't work YET. "A Ridgerunner will fit next to a gathered end on the Hive, but one would need a custom tarp to be able to completely close in. Two bridges is a different story and would require a longer cross bar on the Hive and a tarp that doesn't exist yet"
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    Dutchware Bonded
    Insulation
    Enlightened / HG
    Suspension
    HG Daisy Chain
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
    I asked them, and here's what Kristen from YOBO Gear said: They have tried out having two bridge hammocks, but it won't work YET. "A Ridgerunner will fit next to a gathered end on the Hive, but one would need a custom tarp to be able to completely close in. Two bridges is a different story and would require a longer cross bar on the Hive and a tarp that doesn't exist yet"
    Gotcha, thanks for the info. Maybe for now I will need to give up my RR comfort for her and go back to a gathered end when we are out together.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brohawk View Post
    Maybe for now I will need to give up my RR comfort for her and go back to a gathered end when we are out together.
    In case it's helpful, here's what a side by side of a gathered end and a bridge hammock looks like in the Hive:
    hive.JPG
    Iceman857

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Another exchange on the Kickstarter page suggests that they may be creating something that will allow for two bridge hammocks side by side:ScreenCapture.JPG
    Iceman857

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Brohawk-
    The general thought is to find one very large tree (hang suspension on either side).
    One large tree and two small trees (to spread the head end)
    Or four perfectly located trees.

All that said... makes it hard to sort out the tarp size you would need and a generally frustrating experience trying to find the perfect spot to setup.

If going the stand route:
    It seems better to simply bite the bullet and pick up two stands you can set up side by side. This would give you a predictable setup to build a tarp around.

If going the traditional tree route:
    Bunk bed style with a wider tarp seems cleanest. I've done that with me in a bridge and a kiddo over or under me.
    This only requires finding a pair of decent girth trees rather than some magical combination of options.
    Since bridges hang much flatter than a gathered end- you don't need to be quite so acrobatic to do a bunk bed setup.

Just hang one bridge so your underquilt just kisses the ground, and the next one at a few inches above normal height for the lighter hanger.
    You probably won't need a ladder to hang your tarp (you can use your spreader bar pole as an aide to hang it a bit higher up) nor will you need one to get into the upper bridge... doubly so if the upper decker is light enough to boost up or the taller of you.

As a bonus- you can probably deal with a tarp you already own on a fair weather experiment... so easier to try without having to buy or custom build a tarp.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    Dutchware Bonded
    Insulation
    Enlightened / HG
    Suspension
    HG Daisy Chain
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Brohawk-
    The general thought is to find one very large tree (hang suspension on either side).
    One large tree and two small trees (to spread the head end)
    Or four perfectly located trees.

All that said... makes it hard to sort out the tarp size you would need and a generally frustrating experience trying to find the perfect spot to setup.

If going the stand route:
    It seems better to simply bite the bullet and pick up two stands you can set up side by side. This would give you a predictable setup to build a tarp around.

If going the traditional tree route:
    Bunk bed style with a wider tarp seems cleanest. I've done that with me in a bridge and a kiddo over or under me.
    This only requires finding a pair of decent girth trees rather than some magical combination of options.
    Since bridges hang much flatter than a gathered end- you don't need to be quite so acrobatic to do a bunk bed setup.

Just hang one bridge so your underquilt just kisses the ground, and the next one at a few inches above normal height for the lighter hanger.
    You probably won't need a ladder to hang your tarp (you can use your spreader bar pole as an aide to hang it a bit higher up) nor will you need one to get into the upper bridge... doubly so if the upper decker is light enough to boost up or the taller of you.

As a bonus- you can probably deal with a tarp you already own on a fair weather experiment... so easier to try without having to buy or custom build a tarp.
    Thanks, yeah that makes perfect sense with the trees. My biggest goal was to utilize one tarp to be close to my wife as she is just slowly getting used to the silence of the woods. I may just scope out some good spots ahead of time and experiment. Thanks for everyone's input..

• + New Posts