Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Hang Tight/ SLD TW
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles

HG Burrow pad attachment clips and hammock abrasion

My new HG Burrow arrived this weekend and I went all in on features... Premium 950fp, sewn footbox, and extra wide. I'll be using it in a hammock (Dutchware Chameleon with Hexon 1.0 fabric) 90% of the time and on the ground the other 10% - hence the extra wide and the 1.7 ounce weight penalty that comes with it.

Has anyone had issues with a similar spec set up where the pad attachment points/ quilt clips causes abrasion or rips through the hammock body fabric? The clips are rounded and don't seem like they would poke through without some force or bad luck. This issue seems less likely in a 1.6 hammock body fabric but I have some concerns about 1.0 body fabric.

In my first use of the top quilt/ hammock combination I kept the pair of pad straps clips snapped near the footbox only while the other two sets I kept unbuckled and the quilt open with the top snap for the neck baffle closed. Does anyone have experience with what I'm talking about to share some insight on best practices, what to expect in the long term, and how I can prevent any issues? Thanks in advance for your helpful answers!

(FYI - cutting the pad straps clips is not an option and I don't want to put Leukotape or anything over the clips and get them covered in adhesive residue)

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    I've never used the pad straps while in the hammock. I don't like the new style...I prefer the original attachment style since it had no hardware on the quilt. But, the older style looks like it would be pita to clip on the small fabric loops which is prolly why they switched.

However, I haven't had any issues with the center release buckles that HG switched to vs. the original setup...but my hammocks are 1.6 Hexon. I've thought about cutting them off, since the tq is standard width and I don't plan on sleeping on the ground.

If you're worried about abrasion or ripping, maybe wrap them in some sort of fabric then tape them? Keeps the adhesive off the clips.

• + New Posts