WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Tensa 4 stand!!!

I have wanted to transition to being a full time hammock hanger for many years. I looked at all options available, and after alot of research, I finally pulled the trigger on a tensa 4 stand. All I can can say is......wow! I am so impressed with the website, customer service, quality of the product, ease of use etc. No regrets from this happy customer!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Aww (blush). Thank you. We have made a successful business entirely by word of mouth (or forum).
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    stevebo that is really cool! Although I don't use my Tensa4 stand at home much, I use it all the time when traveling, especially on motorcycle trips. Absolutely love it.

Raftingtigger, I think your product just speaks for itself. Unless I setup somewhere all on my own, I always have at least one, and sometimes several people ask me about the Tensa4.

Hammock
    MTHL 11' w/wo net
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Rect
    Insulation
    DIY Costco Quilt
    Suspension
    MTHL 2in dyneema
    Images
    Have enjoyed the few nights I've spent in mine, look forward to many more. Also excited to try a Tensa Solo conversion at some point.

@stevebo have you fully removed the ground hardware? Did you try raising it on a mattress?

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0ー,CRO20ー
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    Aww (blush). Thank you. We have made a successful business entirely by word of mouth (or forum).
    Isn't that amazing???? I tell people that story about how the stand was developed and marketed as it's such a cool story!! I mean we have used our hammocks from Maine to Seattle to Montana and all the way from Maine to Key West and out to Dry Tortugas even!! Total game changer for us.
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless
    Tarp
    HG DCF W Palace
    Insulation
    Quilt + Underquilt
    Suspension
    Spider Web+ C Loop
    Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    @raftingtiger - I am going on a 5 day MTB trip with some family in September on the White Rim trail in Moab, UT. I've just placed my order and am going to practice setting it up until I'm comfortable, but as wetlander (Northeastern US), I don't exactly know what to expect in terms of anchor selection. The guide company said the campsites will be "dirt/sand and slickrock" but that rocks were available as anchors at the latter.

Is there anything I should know/practice/make sure is in my kit for this trip? Weight/bulk is not an issue within reason, it is a supported ride so I'm not hauling my own kit. Thanks!

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by eamonnconnor View Post
    @raftingtiger - I am going on a 5 day MTB trip with some family in September on the White Rim trail in Moab, UT. I've just placed my order and am going to practice setting it up until I'm comfortable, but as wetlander (Northeastern US), I don't exactly know what to expect in terms of anchor selection. The guide company said the campsites will be "dirt/sand and slickrock" but that rocks were available as anchors at the latter.

Is there anything I should know/practice/make sure is in my kit for this trip? Weight/bulk is not an issue within reason, it is a supported ride so I'm not hauling my own kit. Thanks!
    Sounds like a great trip! I would suggest setup/takedown a few times at home to make sure you know how it all works. Get your hammock setup with it the way you want, and make some marks on the tethers with a sharpie or something. This will help you find the right setup out in the field.

Good morning. I知 new to this forum , & I知 on this forum due to my interest in the Tensa4. I致e been motorcycling for about 45 years, but have never Moto Camped. Something I would like to get into. I致e been looking for something more comfortable than a flat cot for a have lower back issues. I知 thinking I can get in a position where I値l sleep better in a hammock. I知 sold in the Tensa4.

Wondering if any of you have suggestions for accessories I should purchase along with the Tensa4 to help in securing in various types of ground ?

Now I have to determine which route with a hammock. Again , I知 a newbie. So I will see where research leads me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'll offer up some Tensa videos. You can see some staking options and over-alls.
    Enjoy your comfort quest.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

@CajunHog,

Welcome.

Shugs videos cover all of hammocking. He is an incredible resource.

If I may make a suggestion, with lower back issues, you may wish to experiment with the types of hammocks, before purchasing the hammock stand. I say this because its possible that hammocks may not work for you. Theres a very good possiblilty they will work but you may want to make sure, before dropping cash.

Try to find a local hang and ask questions. Try out various setups etc.

Ive got a Tensa 4 and absolutely dig it. Well worth the cost. Opens up lots of scenarios to hang without trees i.e. desert, beach etc. If you do get one, you will love it.

Have a good weekend all.

Bob

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast