homemade
    Tarp
    depends...
    Insulation
    depends...
    Suspension
    Knots and straps

Montana and Idaho for two weeks

Well we landed in Missoula, MT and had a week to ourselves before we synced up with See-Chele's folks for their 50th Wedding Anniversary for a week in Glacier NP.

After getting our rental we strolled the shops in Missoula picking up stove fuel, bear spray, food and local brews and getting a lay of the land. We are historically planners, but this time we had no plan what so ever...it was AWESOME!!!

First night we stayed in town planning our next move after getting all the digs from the local peeps. We decided we would head out in the morning, opposite direction of Glacier, to Weir Creek Hot Springs, ID and check it out. This was HIGHLY recommended by a shop in town and man was it worth the drive!!!
    HF Wier HS.jpgIMG_20230627_152950_397.jpg
    The HS is .7 from the trail head and is a leisurely walk in. We ended up camping roughly .2 from the trail head and it was pretty quiet all night. This place was stunning and has become my second favorite HS behind Alvord Desert HS, OR.

Next morning we went for an early dip and then headed back to Missoula for a resupply before heading back out towards Seely Lake area. This was a suggestion, once again, by an employee at a local outfitter, Thanks Ayden!! He had stated we should take 83N the scenic more rustic route not 93N the touristy route, done and done. 83N we go!!
    HF Inez Lake.jpg
    We camped by Inez Lake that night and felt like we had the whole lake to ourselves.
    HF Napa Point.jpgHF Napa Point Flowers.jpg
    The following night we were supposed to be on and out and back overnighter and welp See-Chele's and I's spidey senses went off roughly 2 miles from Napa Point Trailhead and we decided to bail. I was super bummed but it was the best call. We've hiked in bear country before and know how to be "bear aware" but there was just a combination of an unknown trail, trail got super thick, fresh FRESH scat, musk in the air (the later three all within a few seconds of each other) and we weren't thru hikin...HA. See-Chele was on point and sighted the scat about time I said "do you smell that...?" We pondered for a sec and said there is more MT to see than what is right here, it's not the first time we've bailed due to our "gut" feelings and it won't be the last

We poked into Kalispell, MT and chilled there the next few days waiting for family to come in. It was relaxing and we had a BLAST in Glacier NP as well as the surrounding MT and ID landscape. We have already scouted out new adventures to take next time we are fortunate enough to be in this part of the country.

Glacier NP
    Many Glacier.jpgIMG_20230705_105743_208.jpgIMG_20230705_110002_641.jpg

Gear we used:
    See-Chele used everything she hiked the AT with last year but I switched it up and hung a hammock setup i've been working on tweakin back home in our front yard. It worked great but needs some more tweakin that's the joys of going out...ya don't know till ya know...

INCH
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Great report! I have yet to visit Glacier but it looks worth the drive! Glad you had a good trip.

Hammock
    homemade
    Tarp
    depends...
    Insulation
    depends...
    Suspension
    Knots and straps
    Thanks dude!! It really was amazing!! We would like to check out the Bitterroot and Anaconda areas which is a little SSW of Missoula, also from a recommendation

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    EE / UGQ / SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    That corner of the country in Montana, Idaho & Wyoming is as beautiful as it gets. A lifetime worth of exploring!

Hammock
    homemade
    Tarp
    depends...
    Insulation
    depends...
    Suspension
    Knots and straps
    Well said Layne

• + New Posts