Tarp
    Winter Haven 13
    Insulation
    HG, SLD, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Can you get a flatter lay?

My wife took a picture of me laying in my Towns End Luxury UL Bridge and Its crazy how flat this thing lays! I've got mine set up to work for me on my back, side and stomach so it isn't even as "flat" as it can be.

Who on here has a picture of a flatter lay? And don't send any Mattress pics lol

IMG-20230125-WA0010.jpgIMG-20230125-WA0015.jpgIMG-20230125-WA0018.jpg

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Flatter than a pancake on a restaurant griddle!
    Sleep good!

Hammock
    Town's End / DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Winter Haven 13
    Insulation
    HG, SLD, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I've been sleeping TOO good. I have been consistantly waking up at 4 (an hr earlier than my alarm) and been tossing and turning trying to fall back to sleep. I finally realized after multiple days that I'm not tired, and I don't NEED to go back to sleep. It's really something special

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Very nice setup! I've been wanting to see one of these in person. I also like the room you have it in. I see many comfortable hangs in your future.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    No flatter than that! Awesome setup, and what a view!

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD
    Insulation
    mixed variety
    Suspension
    Jeep, 4 inch Lift
    I have a really nice 11' gathered end. And I can get super comfortable in it, but I flop and turn so much in my sleep that I always work myself right out of the sweet spot.
    My Happy Medium Bridge I can flail and thrash around all night and be fine, the whole thing is a sweet spot!

Hammock
    Town's End / DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Winter Haven 13
    Insulation
    HG, SLD, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
    Very nice setup! I've been wanting to see one of these in person. I also like the room you have it in. I see many comfortable hangs in your future.
    They're definitely nice

Hammock
    Town's End / DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Winter Haven 13
    Insulation
    HG, SLD, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter1 View Post
    No flatter than that! Awesome setup, and what a view!
    Thanks! I haven't had a chance to use it outside yet. I'm going to be building my kids a jungle gym in the spring and will definitely be incorporating a hammock stand into it

Hammock
    Town's End / DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Winter Haven 13
    Insulation
    HG, SLD, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin P View Post
    I have a really nice 11' gathered end. And I can get super comfortable in it, but I flop and turn so much in my sleep that I always work myself right out of the sweet spot.
    My Happy Medium Bridge I can flail and thrash around all night and be fine, the whole thing is a sweet spot!
    For me I can GET comfy on my side and my stomach, but I can't SLEEP comfy on them for too long. But I sleep soo good on my back I think it's worth it for me

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Donfish06 View Post
    I've been sleeping TOO good. I have been consistantly waking up at 4 (an hr earlier than my alarm) and been tossing and turning trying to fall back to sleep. I finally realized after multiple days that I'm not tired, and I don't NEED to go back to sleep. It's really something special
    Congrats to you on working through this!
    I run into this (and similar issues) with about 10% or more of the bridges I sell. Not everyone can sort it out.
    It's something very hard to explain to someone until they break through with a dozen or so nights of use.

For some- it's discomfort because they actually are sleeping deeply (happens to gathered end folks too). In that, in a bed they probably roll over or move several times per night without realizing it. But if you end up sleeping for a good 4-6 hours without moving then odds are good you might get a stiff spot or sore area simply from not moving your body at all. Some folks like JustinP naturally change postions often, I tend to out of necessity... but I find those who fall asleep and sleep like the dead often wake up with something stiff for no good reason.
    Me personally; I know it's because I didn't move and my joints act up when stuck in the same spot for too long... even when awake. I suspect many of us in the trades or just ripened with age experience the same issues.

For some- It's exactly as you describe. Sleeping for 3/4 or so hours they are used to sleeping and baffled by waking up and not being able to return to sleep. Because you actually slept, lol! It's funny how 6 hours of good sleep replaces 8-10 hours of crappy sleep.

I had a very similar experience the first time I finally got an APAP machine after about 15 years of fighting with sleep apnea. After a decade or more of sleeping like crap and having to drag myself out of bed... I kept making up issues with the CPAP because I was only sleeping 4-6 hours a night and figured something was wrong. Except I felt okay after I got over the fact it was 4 am and I was up for the day.

The only bad news on this one... is that it does start to normalize. IE You'll fall back into a longer sleep pattern somewhere in between.

For many... it's a bit of both issues.
    And it's really mystifying because they can set up the bridge right, even nap very easily, but still think it's a bust when they try to overnight in it. They wake up every few hours with a circulation issue, a stiff spot, or just feel like they didn't get a full night's sleep for some reason they can't pin down.

Thanks for sharing Donfish! Hopefully some other folks will read this and better understand/troubleshoot the hammock they end up with.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast