Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I'm on my third Haven in as many years, first two I lost to the Pop&Drop. After reading this post I remembered I still Had the bug nets from the other Havens. Decided to try something. Both nets zipped right on my newest Haven without any trouble, which makes me think maybe you had some bad luck and got yours from a batch that was a little bit off during manufactering.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC, Haven Safa
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Snugpak cocoon
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    My XL has this same problem. I spread a light coating of Vaseline applied with a Q Tip. Very light coating. It helps a little.
    https://youtu.be/aKQnNVt2WK4

At 7:30 in this video he shows how to run your net under your ridgeline. It relieves the tension on the zipper. The net will be a little saggy and you'll probably want to run another ridgeline underneath the zipper for hanging lights and such. The Haven Safari has addressed this issue with the double zipper and I assume a small design change.

As stated above I have the zipper as far down as possible before getting in which is only about 12 to 18 inches down. Then I lean to the opposite side to give it some slack before zipping.

Hammock
    Townsend Big Guy
    Tarp
    thunderfly
    Insulation
    Klymit/KAQ
    Suspension
    Several
    My solution was a little radical. I unzipped the bug net, put it in the haven box and put it on the shelf. Broke out my Fronkey bug net, hooked it up and every thing is cozy. Reason I went this route is I have leg cramps. Best way for me to get rid of them is to stand flat footed and do a half squat. That stretches the calf muscle and the cramp goes away. Fighting to get a zipped bug net undone isn't nearly as quick as just pushing the Fronkey aside and standing up.

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeG77 View Post
    My solution was a little radical. I unzipped the bug net, put it in the haven box and put it on the shelf. Broke out my Fronkey bug net, hooked it up and every thing is cozy. Reason I went this route is I have leg cramps. Best way for me to get rid of them is to stand flat footed and do a half squat. That stretches the calf muscle and the cramp goes away. Fighting to get a zipped bug net undone isn't nearly as quick as just pushing the Fronkey aside and standing up.
    Alright. I like the sound of this option. Did you buy your Fronkey? Where? Have you tried it (gulp) on the ground with this setup? I was just looking at Dutch options. This hammock is a lot clunkier with the spreader bars and width. Wondering what size..
    Last edited by Jimswms; 01-29-2023 at 09:27.

Hammock
    Townsend Big Guy
    Tarp
    thunderfly
    Insulation
    Klymit/KAQ
    Suspension
    Several
    Bought the Fronkey off of Amazon. Was not very expensive but works real well. Have had no bugs inside. I've never used it on the ground and probably never will. I'm too old to be sleeping on the ground (too hard to get up). I'm a side sleeper and have not had any problem finding a comfortable position.

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeG77 View Post
    Bought the Fronkey off of Amazon. Was not very expensive but works real well. Have had no bugs inside. I've never used it on the ground and probably never will. I'm too old to be sleeping on the ground (too hard to get up). I'm a side sleeper and have not had any problem finding a comfortable position.
    Thanks. I'll check into it.
    I only mention the ground because I'm planning a cross country motorcycle trip. There's going to be a time I won't have a choice so looking at options. I may end up taking my 90 degree. The tarp works great, but the hammock is a little too fragile to rely on for the ground. Nice to have these first world problems!

Hammock
    Townsend Big Guy
    Tarp
    thunderfly
    Insulation
    Klymit/KAQ
    Suspension
    Several
    You might look at Shug's YouTube videos. He has a couple on the Haven. I remember one where he put it on the ground but don't remember if he slept in it. You might email him and ask what he thinks of it on the ground.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12