Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DW Wide Rectangle
    Insulation
    Jacks r Better zip
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    Standard, I've spent some time in it now. I had a few cold spots but I just had to move the down around a bit, settled after shipping.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, Netless
    Tarp
    HG DCF
    Insulation
    JRB, EE
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckle
    FWIW, I have a 12’ wide and the JRB quilt works fine with that set up.

Hammock
    Something 12' long and wide
    Tarp
    Winter palace
    Insulation
    UGQ, WM, EE
    Suspension
    Webbing + Beckett
    Anyone else try this with a 12' wide ( or just wide) and can report back? Or does anyone else have more time in them to give more long term reviews and thoughts?

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    DW Xenon
    Insulation
    OV Underquilt
    Quote Originally Posted by TallVol View Post
    Anyone else try this with a 12' wide ( or just wide) and can report back? Or does anyone else have more time in them to give more long term reviews and thoughts?
    I picked up a 0° Chameleon JRB underquilt for my wife's wide hammock. I am very impressed with it and do not feel restricted at all. My wife is very finicky with an underquilt moving around in the night, so I hoped that this would take care of it. I have spent 2 nights in it so far testing it out, and I am extremely happy. The extra money is well spent if I do not have to worry that she is going to get cold spots or drafts from a moving UQ. As always, your mileage may vary, but I will most likely eventually pick up another for mine.

I have yet to test out the added advantage of rolling everything up together for a quicker deploy at the next campsite.

Hammock
    DH Darien, WBBB XLC, 6 HH
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield (5
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle strap
    Images
    With the zip on UQ being 53" and the wide Chameleon being 68"" does the Zip-on UQ hamper a full diagonal lay?
    My 6'-4" son has a wide width 11' chameleon and the Zip on UQ,, used it 1st time this weekend and said he could not get as comfortable as he could in his older HH Safari (144" x 59" bottom fabric).
    Could very well be user error as it is his 1st lay in the hammock,, it was 12 deg and he said he was warm,, but the lay was not as comfortable as he remembers his Safari.
    Last edited by Slackdaddy; 11-01-2023 at 08:59.

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Hi! One of the other guys here in the shop is 6'5, we used him as a tester while designing it and everything worked great.

Did he give any description of how the lay was uncomfortable? (calf ridge, lateral torque, shoulder squeeze, etc?)
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

Images
    Can you elaborate a bit on how a 53" wide UQ that is zipped to the edges of a 68" wide hammock works without any of the materials being elastic? I can't wrap my head around it. I envision the zippers and the UQ fabric having to bear all the load of the occupant, and it seems like the quilt would essentially convert the setup from a 68" wide hammock into a 53" wide one, with a lot of loose hammock fabric laying on top of the quilt.

Someone asked this on the Dutchware site and their answer was less than convincing. Here is what Dutchware's customer service team wrote:

Greetings, thank you for sharing your concern. Dutch explains that since you are laying on a diagonal, you are not using the full width of the hammock (as in laying completely sideways) and that is why this zip-on chameleon works with the wide and 12-ft Chameleon options. Perhaps it will be best for you to hold tight for now and see what kind of feedback others who use it for their wide and 12-foot hammocks have. =)

Edit: the same question was also brought up here. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...over-here-HELP
    Last edited by cmc4free; 11-01-2023 at 11:38.

Hammock
    DH Darien, WBBB XLC, 6 HH
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield (5
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DGrav View Post
    Hi! One of the other guys here in the shop is 6'5, we used him as a tester while designing it and everything worked great.

Did he give any description of how the lay was uncomfortable? (calf ridge, lateral torque, shoulder squeeze, etc?)
    I am going to have to bring his old HH Safari out and have him lay in each to see what, if any difference there is.
    I will have him lay in the Chameleon without the UQ and lay in the Safari and have him see if there is any differance. Then add the UQ ,,
    Only problem is he is in CO I am in MD.
    I am sure he just needs to dial in his setup.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Insulation
    Jacks R'Better
    Just got a 20 degree for Christmas. Taking it out this Friday for a test overnight. How is everyone storing them for backpacking? Are you just zipping it on once you are at camp or leaving it on and including in a stuff sack with the Chameleon? [I assume both the hammock and underquilt won't fit in the original hammock stuff sack]

I put my chameleon (its a wide model) with my 0deg zip on installed and top cover, along with my top quilt and a poncho liner into a sea to summit compression water resistant compression bag. kind of a poor mans anaconda, it compresses to around 15" by 12 around or so, only real issue is that the bag has to be opened to allow hanging. When home, i unzip all of it, and store the quilt in its shipping bag and the rest in their own containers.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast