I found some time to go backpacking. 38 degrees at the trailhead when I got there at noon, but I was hiking in shorts and sans sweater after half a mile. Pounded through a couple of creek crossings that brought life to the spirit and was setting up camp before too long.

Spent an hour gathering a heap of firewood to keep me warm until bedtime. Enjoyed a relaxing fire and making dinner with my fancee feest stove.

Lows were obviously going to be below the forecasted 30 degrees when my socks were frozen solid before I went to bed at 8 pm. I'm guessing this was the first night I've been down into the teens, but didn't have a thermometer to record temperatures. It was dead calm and I woke up to a frozen tarp inside and out, as well as some ice on the topquilt. Superior Gear 15* insulated hammock and Enlightened Equipment 10* revelation kept me comfortable. I finally forced myself to get out of bed at 9 am, had breakfast and waited for everything to thaw out before finally breaking camp at 11 am when my shoes thawed enough to get my feet in and tie the laces.