Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images

Exclamation DIY Gear Supply - Liquidation Sale

Hey HF family. It's been a long time for me to post. I've been lurking, but not writing. I wanted to give an update on DIY Gear Supply, and offer a last chance for super discounted fabrics as long as they last. I also wanted to offer the biz for sale - if you're interested and serious about running your own business, send me an email.

Liquidation Sale
    After a long hiatus, DIY Gear Supply is back for a brief, final inventory liquidation sale. There is no better time to get materials for your backpacking gear ideas and projects.
    This is the last of our stock. Everything is deeply discounted. Fabrics are sold by the yard. Webbing by the foot, and hardware by the lot. Get it now, because when it's gone, it's gone.
    Shop now at: DIY Gear Supply

Or, Buy the Biz
    For the right person, you could own DIY Gear Supply. Buy the business and run your own shop.
    When I put part-time hours into DIY Gear Supply, it brought in a very healthy full time income. You would need to build it back to that level, but this could be an excellent opportunity to own your own business on the cheap.
    If you are in the market for starting this sort of business, and serious about it, let's talk. This could be a great hobby, but if you invest in it, it'll be a full time job with a full time pay.

Finally, thank you
    To end - thank you. Thank you to those of you who have shopped here, shared your projects, or even just benefited from our free basic DIY gear plans. I appreciate you tremendously, and it has been an honor and joy to see your projects come to life.
    And finally, don't forget to stop by the Designs page and download all the images so you'll have them as a resource for the future.
    DIY Gear Supply - Your source for DIY outdoor gear.

Hammock
    MTHL 11' w/wo net
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Rect
    Insulation
    DIY Costco Quilt
    Suspension
    MTHL 2in dyneema
    Images
    Wow, love these gear plans, I've downloaded them for future projects. Sorry to hear you're shuttering, but hopefully someone takes over or you clear out inventory in short order. I'll see if I can do my part, at least for some hardware to turn material I already have into a new winter tarp.

A few questions:
    • Would the light or heavy polypro webbing be better for tie-outs? Or would it make sense to get a different type of webbing elsewhere?
    • Both of the 1.6oz ripstop nylon listings claim to be be grey, but the color listed is blue. Could you please clarify?
    • What webbing do the packhooks take?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Salt; 01-13-2023 at 03:24.

Hammock
    It's a Secret.
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt View Post
    A few questions:
    • Would the light or heavy polypro webbing be better for tie-outs? Or would it make sense to get a different type of webbing elsewhere?
    • Both of the 1.6oz ripstop nylon listings claim to be be grey, but the color listed is blue. Could you please clarify?
    • What webbing do the packhooks take?
    I prefer Nylon, but either weight would work fine. I did just add some 5/8" Nylon webbing that I have left.

Thank you for pointing out the color issue. I think I've fixed it (none are blue), they are Gray and Foliage Gray. The Foliage is strongly calendared, and both are my favorite hammock fabrics.

The Packhooks take 1/2" webbing, and work well with 3/32" or 1/8" shock cord.
    DIY Gear Supply - Your source for DIY outdoor gear.

Just got my mystery fabric box in the mail! I'm exceptionally pleased with the value of the box and the speed of service. Thank you. There was a 13 yard bolt in my box that I'm pretty sure is worth at least the value of the whole box (if not much more), though I'm very new to DIY and have no point of comparison. It is splotched which doesn't bother me one bit.

Speaking of being new to DIY, I have a question that might totally give away how green I am- there seems to be a waxy substance holding the ends of the folded bolt of fabric together in a neat bundle. The fabric easily peels back from itself but I'm wondering if i should remove it altogether, and if so, how might i go about doing that. I'm used to sewing with old sheets and scraps and have never bought new fabric before, is this standard?

• + New Posts