Hey all,

I've been hammock camping with my two kids (both around 5 year old) the past summer. It's really just car camping with hammocks instead of tents. Both have their own hammocks with underquilts and they generally are set up with one set of trees (with spreader bar for their two hammocks) while I am set up on another set of trees (I have an Amok Draumr).

I'm thinking about taking them winter hammock camping next year (end of 2023). My first instinct is to sleep closer to them (like bunk bed style) so I can adjust them at night if they suddenly feel cold or something. However, I'm asking advice of more seasoned hammockers than I.

So, has anybody done the same and what worked..and what didn't? Would like to know people's experience with winter hammocking with two kids.

Is the bunk bed hammock set up with a tarp a okay way to go? Or ..get one of those hot tent hammock tarps?

Or....i'm making this too complicated. Just get a tent and do traditional camping?

Advice appreciated and thanks in advance.

Also, I'm planning to do this next winter..so I have a year to plan. It gives me time to purchase better underquilts that are more temperature appropriate.