WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Top rail hammock stand question

I have a question for u guys, when using top rail for a turtle dog style hammock stand, how hard is it to split the individual sections for storage? (Once you use the stand, are the sections tightly wedged together? ). I am building a stand in a spare bedroom and would loke the option of easily taking it apart and storing it. Thx for the help!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Looks pretty easy from the parts I have. My first DIY stand was made out of pipe. Heavy Pipe. So it screws together via pipe threads - not fun. If I get industrious, I could "lock" some pieces together and number the connection points with a sequence that minimizes having to step over the "foot" while attaching the vertical to the horizontal.

I mentioned that to show how much simpler the turtle dog or "two legged" (on each end) stand is. The top rail is either in two or three pieces with a "coupler" between them. The coupler has a screw that tightens down on the pole pieces, holding them together.

If I were just using the tapered end of the Fence Rail pole, inserted in another piece, I might put some "don't stick" coating (some lubricant) on it. BUT I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing only an inward pull is holding that rail together. In that case, I'd run a safety line through the top rail that would keep the ends from separating. And I'd look up a source for a coupler that holds the pieces in place with tightened screws.

Or - if you use lubricant - you could drill a small hole through the two sections where they fit together and put a long small bolt that passes through and is held by a wing nut on the other side.

Hope that gives some ideas. wouldn't rely on just pushing the two or more sections into each other. Either tightened in a coupler or locked together with a bolt passing through both pieces works for me.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    1.2 MTN
    Tarp
    12' DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Kevlar strap
    They’re simple to take apart, I use the factory swaged connections all the time without issue.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by No-sage View Post
    They’re simple to take apart, I use the factory swaged connections all the time without issue.
    Yep, me too

Hammock
    Townsend Big Guy
    Tarp
    thunderfly
    Insulation
    Klymit/KAQ
    Suspension
    Several
    Another yep, me too.

Hammock
    Superior Hammock / Dutch / Majestic
    Tarp
    Superior Shelter
    Insulation
    Superior Hammock
    Suspension
    SuperiorSuspension
    Could you guys post some photos? I would love to see them.

Thanks!

• + New Posts