Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D

Hi from Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by LowTech View Post
    Phantom, I take it that you haven't truly looked at the Onetigris Underquilt. It's made differently so that those standard adjustments don't apply. There are no end cinches, all you can do is pull it from both ends.
    I know someone that had one and they had trouble keeping it on their feet/shoulder when laying diagonal.

"Sent w/o me knowing"
    Ooops, LowTech, I’ve not looked at OneTigris Underquilt. But I was thinking maybe he would buy a more effective underquilt for himself, like an under quilt from Hammock Gear or Trailheadz or Dutch.
    No matter what quilts are used, quilts must be set up so that there are no or minimal air gaps.

LowTech, thanks for heads up! And would you buy a OneTigris underquilt? Does it do it’s job or maybe not as good as others?
    Last edited by Phantom Grappler; 12-17-2022 at 14:18.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    No matter what quilts are used, quilts must be set up so that there are no or minimal air gaps.

LowTech, thanks for heads up! And would you buy a OneTigris underquilt? Does it do it’s job or maybe not as good as others?
    I would not.
    Like you said, for an UQ to be effective it needs to be adjustable in ways that allows it to conform to you when you're laying in the hammock, I don't feel like the design of their UQ does that.
    There are several venders that have been inavative in methods that attempt to make an UQ's fit, "better". Venders like Warbonnet & Simple Light Designs w/ there gathered end style UQs, Hammock Gears leg shelf, as well as people selling multiple ways to pull the UQ up more towards the ridgeline. And now of course the integrated UQ like Superior hammock has.
    All and all I think Onetigris's design is a big step backwards and not much different than tying a knot at each end of a blanket and hanging that under you . . . in fact maybe not as good as that, at least that has the gathered end effect.

I definitely don't diss free gear, in fact I think it's great but being a designer myself I'm always picking things apart and trying to figure out how it could be better.

"Sent w/o me knowing"

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    Welcome! Free gear is the BEST price. Definitely try to get to group hang. you can see lots of different setups, learn some quick tips, and meet nice people. Keep us posted on your trips and gear acquisition.

Charlotte

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12