I just got a Jacks r Better Mt Washington to work with my kids Chameleon. A nice quilt for sure.

Though there is one issue that I have worked around for now but curious about other options. One thing I like about the Chameleon is the UQ clips. I had not seen those before and kind of wish they were in every hammock. For those unfamiliar, there are two ‘clips’ at each end of the hammock that fit perfectly over the shock cord that runs along the sides of many UQs that hold the quilt in position (eight total clips, two each corner)). And as you can tell, I like them. They do a great job stopping the quilt from shifting during the night.

but the JrB quilt does not come with the suspension being based on a line of shock cord that runs the entire quilt length (unlike my UGQ or Wise Owl). Now this is OK as I kind of felt like the UGQ UQ needed some formal education on how to get it set up. And nothing against UGQ, but there are many things I wish I had done differently on that purchase. Sometimes hammock manufacturers can give you too many options and more than you should be playing with. I now use that super high end, wide, long UQ as a TQ. And super happy with it. But yeah. I should have done a few things differently.

Anyway, back to the JrB and nothing to clip to on the side. There is a small fold of fabric on the sides that look perfect to pass some shock cord through. I have some suspension gear about (see converting the UGQ UQ to a TQ). So I taped the shock cord to a chopstick and started fishing. And got to the fabric tie which is sewn through( no way to pass the shock cord the length of the quilt without slicing the fabric which is not a runner).

Good times. I have now fished some shock cord as far as I can (sans chop stick) and it works Ok. One end, it appears that there is a flap of fabric in the way so I can only get enough cord in for the first clip to fasten but it the second. This is on the head and probable entry side based on side bag, so not a big deal. It also not ideal.

if others have other ideas what to do I am interested. I consider the JrB with the DW chameleon marginal for equipment compatibility without effort. I am currently happy with the setup. So just getting this out there for other people thinking about this equipment match,