HG Wanderlust
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG Economy
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch

VIDEO: Mahoney Zone - Henry W. Coe State Park, California

Hey guys. I went to my regular backpacking destination recently and put more effort into creating content.
    I brought the 20 deg HG top & bottom quilt and it kept me warm down to 30 degF temps. The down hoodie really helped too. I brought my sleeping pad in case I didn't find trees to hang but it wasn't necessary.
    It was also very damp and humid. My underquilt got damp from rubbing against the tarp. Probably from swinging to wide when getting in/out of the hammock.

I used a microfiber towel to wipe up the condensation off the HG Journey tarp in the morning but this will make me pitch my tarp differently next time. Or consider purchasing an underquilt protector.

PXL_20221207_145925471.jpgPXL_20221206_211304738.MP.jpgPXL_20221207_001800329.jpgPXL_20221206_222908915.jpg

From blog post & youtube desciption:
    12/6/2022 - 12/7/2022
    I've been having trouble finding motivation to edit trip videos. I wanted to change things up to push myself into editing. This time around I'm trying to talk more but also do more of an ASMR long, drawn-out format. If you want 25 minutes of uncut footage of someone setting up a hammock, well here you go.
    Eventually, I'll find a style I'm comfortable with.
    Mahoney Zone was one of the bucket list trips I've been wanting to do from the time I started backpacking. It hinted at freedom. An area where you can camp where you want, free from shackles of designated campsites. Eventually I learned about the Hunting Hollow Entrance and Ventana Wilderness, but at the time, it felt like that was the place I had to visit. We had a good amount of rain recently and it would be a good time to check the water levels across the park.
    I wanted to try out a few things for this trip. To see how my rain gear performed. If I could handle cold, wet weather followed by freezing overnight temps. If my feet could handle backpacking in Xero Alpine barefoot style boots. Everything worked great and it feels good to gain some confidence in new abilities.

Blog Post with more pics: https://rodoutdoors.wordpress.com/2022/12/10/late-fall-solo-overnight-hammock-backpacking-trip-at-henry-w-coe-state-park/
    Alltrails recording: https://www.alltrails.com/explore/recording/mahoney-zone-backpacking-trip-e36e62f
    Mahoney Zone Trip Info: https://coepark.net/activities/backp...4-mahoney-zone

Hammock
    12' w/ zippered bugnet
    Tarp
    quiet ones
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    beetles, wasps
    I've been experimenting with my gear in that park as it's very close to me, but I haven't ventured outside of the campgrounds due to the dog. thanks for the video! if it's still open, I'd love to get out there on a solo overnight. The rain this past week or so has been amazing.

Hammock
    HG Wanderlust
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG Economy
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Thanks! Yeah it's wonderful out there this time of year. It gets way too hot out there during the Summer.
    I like testing gear there too. I'll head out just a mile to Ridge view to chill out if I just want to get away. I'm thinking of heading back sometime this week since there's a break in the rain.
    I'm down to meet up if anyone is thinking of heads over.

• + New Posts