WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Hexon for bridge hammock?

Hey guys, Im considering makeing a double layer bridge hammock out of hexon from dutchware. Is this a good fabric for that application? I way about 250 lbs, should i go with two layers of 1.6 or 1.2? Any other suggestions ? Also, If you had to choose between rstb's hex 70, and dutchwares hexon, which is better?
    Last edited by stevebo; 12-05-2022 at 21:12.
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    DIY dl bridge
    Tarp
    Diy silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Outdoor ink straps
    Hexon is excellent fabric for bridge hammocks
    I’m about to start one with 1.2, and it be a double layer. I’m “only” 200 so my results may not apply to you
    I think for you that 1.6 may be better (imho)

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thx for the help!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Bridge
    Insulation
    DIY Down
    I am doing up a new bridge as well, did the prototype in Hexon 1.2 and it is a great fabric. However, for the final version, I using MTN 1.2 , with the same weight rating and using 1.0 Hyper D for the inner layer, to give it a nice hand feel. You can't go wrong with either fabric IMO.

I believe the MTN 1.2 is rated at 275 pounds and the 1.0 Hyper D is rated at 200 pounds, as a rule of thumb I always use the outter layer strength, plus 1/2 the strength of the inner layer, in this case giving 375 pounds working weight in a light package.

Brian
    Last edited by Cruiser51; 12-07-2022 at 19:45.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    I have a very severe bias... so grab your salt:

Hex 70 was actually the initial 'big guy' bridge fabric.
    It held up pretty well but when the Mountain Hybrid 1.7 got released I went that route to bump up the weight rating further.

Long story short-
    Single 1.2 to about 175... though I use it as high as 225lbs.
    Single 1.7 to about 250
    Hex 70 is a pretty sweet spot for 225-275
    Double 1.7 to about 350

End of the day- my bridges are confusing enough without slipping in a third option so I dropped the Hex 70 in favor of single or double 1.7.

I did a custom double 1.2 Big Luxury for a person just past that 250lb mark in florida that worked out pretty sweet. Basically, a more durable Luxury so you might like that combo.

That said- always gotta be a bit careful but for the most part I think every one else uses something closer to Hexon style fabric.

I have built all my bridges out of various Hexon (and other fabrics) but I keep coming back to the Mountain Hybrid and when needed I do an occasional Hex 70.

Bridge design plays a big roll. I can get much more out of the other fabrics in my end bar bridges vs the high stress recessed bar bridges.
    I always struggled a bit with Hyper D for example... So hexon is a big improvement in a bridge if you prefer that route.

FWIW... I think Dutch's hexon colors are better... but as I like to joke- they are the same color with your eyes closed.
    So if you've got a color you're in love with... sometimes that will be the main consideration at the end of the day.

Hyper D has the best hand.

Airwave is neat, but I didn't like it for a bridge and it didn't offer anything better structurally than the Mountain Hybrid.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks for the help! So Bill, if I understand correctly, your recessed bar bridges are under alot more stress than a simple end bar bridge? So does that mean the lifespan / service life of a simple end bar bridge is longer than a recessed bar bridge?

--unknown

• + New Posts