Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird with Whoopies
    Tarp
    Superfly w/Dutch
    Insulation
    Mac Gear 40F TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I wish I could go this year, but covid took a toll on me and I'm still trying to heal.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki
    I’m sorry you are suffering lasting effects. Praying you will regain strength soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutter View Post
    I wish I could go this year, but covid took a toll on me and I'm still trying to heal.

Hammock
    DIY 11’ netless
    Tarp
    Eno Profly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    DIY Amsteel UCR
    It looks like I’ll be able to make it regardless of what weekend, as long as nothing unforeseen comes up; I’ll be taking that Friday off from work.
    Quote Originally Posted by runners_low View Post
    Is anyone planning to test their gear in this cold snap?
    I tried to sleep outside, but the wind jostled me around too much to fall asleep, and I gave up to sleep inside after three hours. A tarp with doors would probably have made all the difference.
    7DC1D639-1442-4D04-BE4E-6CE0347B75EA.jpeg

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    I definitely could not do January 6th either. Don’t know if I’ll be able to make it at all this year but will try. I’ve missed the past two years so I need to get back into the tradition! I think any other weekend in January will likely work for me. My daughter works every weekend so she won’t be able to join me, but Rem is pretty perky in spite of being laid low with a nasty tick-borne disease this summer. He seems to be bouncing back well. I thought he was just slowing down with age and entering his grouchy old man stage of life, but it turned out he was just a very sick dog. He’s back to being his bouncy, exuberant self, now! He’s still on mega doses of antibiotics and a bit of steroids still, but should finish his long course of meds in one more week. Hiking Bell Mountain again would be therapeutic for this old woman and her dog, both!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Actually, the weekend of January 13th looks most doable for me, if that weekend would work out after all for Bmello and everyone else. But no worries here if we do it one of the later two weekends!

Re-reading the posts, it looks like the weekend of the 20th works best for Sackofbeans and I could make that weekend work. If we need to wait until the 27th I might be able to make that work as well for my schedule. (My 82 year old mother is getting an 8 week old border collie pup Jan. 23rd and I will be keeping him at my house from late evening until 7 am each morning for the first couple of months while we house train him, since I’m fine with getting up every couple of hours through the night to take him from his crate to the grass, but I think I could enlist my daughter into sleeping over at my house and taking over night time puppy duty the weekend of the 27th if that weekend works out better for BMello and Sackofbeans.)
    Last edited by Dublinlin; 12-30-2022 at 06:18.

Hammock
    summer XLC,winter dutch 11' netless
    Tarp
    HG dyneema hex
    Insulation
    HG UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    webbing/cam buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AniOutdoor View Post
    It looks like I’ll be able to make it regardless of what weekend, as long as nothing unforeseen comes up; I’ll be taking that Friday off from work.
    I tried to sleep outside, but the wind jostled me around too much to fall asleep, and I gave up to sleep inside after three hours. A tarp with doors would probably have made all the difference.
    7DC1D639-1442-4D04-BE4E-6CE0347B75EA.jpeg
    Wow, -8!!! I was tempted to get out there on the coldest night (minus 5 where I live in southern MO) but was just too busy getting ready to leave town for the holidays. Glad to see someone from our group gave it a whirl. Yeah, wind is a HUGE factor with temps that extreme. Like you said, an enclosed tarp or a wind sock as Joe mentioned would have helped a lot.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB Minfly
    Sorry to come late to the party. I'm in depending upon the date. I cannot make the weekend of the 13th. The 20th might be a little tough. The 27th is good. February is good except for the weekend of the 17th.

Hammock
    DIY 11’ netless
    Tarp
    Eno Profly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    DIY Amsteel UCR
    Doing a poll to help figure out a date was mentioned, but I didn’t see one yet, so here is one.
    https://take.quiz-maker.com/poll4650874x49754726-145

Hammock
    Hammock Gear
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    10D UQ and 10D TQ
    Suspension
    UL Daisy Chain

i voted

I voted! (Someone just pick a date already!)

Quote Originally Posted by AniOutdoor View Post
    Doing a poll to help figure out a date was mentioned, but I didn’t see one yet, so here is one.
    https://take.quiz-maker.com/poll4650874x49754726-145

Hammock
    summer XLC,winter dutch 11' netless
    Tarp
    HG dyneema hex
    Insulation
    HG UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    webbing/cam buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRinMO View Post
    I voted! (Someone just pick a date already!)
    Hi Betsy and welcome to the forum! AniOutdoor just posted the poll on the 4th, so we should probably give it a few more days to give folks a chance to see it and vote. Based on what I've read on this thread so far, it looks like it will end up being either the weekend of the 20th or 27th. The last couple of years attendance at the FBH has been pretty sparse, so we're trying to accommodate as many people's schedules as possible.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast