Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    an extra tarp(much smaller) to string up just to keep your wet gear hung to dry might work. it shouldn't add that much weight.

Hammock
    HG Wanderlust
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG Economy
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    I dealt with this my last trip. My clothes were wet from sweat, rain, creek crossings, and general condensation.
    I hung up my damp clothes on the ridgeline. I wanted to use my pants the next day so I stuck that in the footbox of my quilt while I was lying it to try to dry it faster. Then when it warmed up a bit, I put them on to dry out in the quilt.
    For the rest of my wet clothes, I stuck them in another stuff sack. I have my pack lined with a nylofume pack liner and everything I want to keep dry goes in there. So my quilts go back in there but my wet clothes stay out of it.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch and HG
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I have only been out in the rain one time, and that was with tornado watches, and 60 mile an hour winds coming off of Lake Superior . The tarp I was using did not have doors, so I put my raincoat over my backpack, zipped it up, and hung it off my ridge line to help block the rain and wind angling at times from that direction. It actually worked quite well with only the occasional wind blown rain/mist that would hit that side getting in. It was definitely the kind of night that made you think about your faith and what you believed to be true.

Images
    One thing that might help is continuous use of a waterproofing treatment to prevent wet-outs on jackets and pants.

Fjällräven has a PVC-Free solution that works pretty well. If you can strip off the wetted clothing articles and give them a good shake, then there is really nothing to dry. Just hang them for later use.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow 1.2
    Tarp
    HG DCF Palace
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin
    Suspension
    Venum strap Becket
    Kinda depends on how crazy the rain/wind is. On my AT thru last year I used one of two methods. Method one, if the wind was chill enough, I'd clip my DCF Palace doors together inside the tarp and use those lines to hang things from. If the doors needed to be deployed, I shake everything as dry as I could, *maybe* (most often not, too tired to care) wipe it down with the half of a lightload towel that I carried as a sweat rag/condensation rag/stream bath rag...etc. then throw the damp gear in the peak shelf at the foot end of my Sparrow. If both socks were soaked, id wrap one pair in the towel to wring them out, then throw em under the foot box of my quilt. NEVER *in* the quilt...that stank stays for DAYS.

Its worth noting that after May, the only time everything you own is *truly* dry is the first 5 minutes after you pull it out of the dryer at the hostel... *shrugs* east coast hiking, so it goes.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC and DIY Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Wooki / Top quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Here’s a light-hearted look at it:

https://youtu.be/rA4DElALKt8

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12