Chameleon, SLD Voyageur
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG, Trailwinder
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by theRVN View Post
    I have found his videos extremely useful. Purchased a hammock from him recently and quality is really good plus he included one of his suspensions with it.
    theRVN, how comfortable is his hammock? I saw a netted 11 foot hammock with suspension included at his Etsy shop for just $70. It looks like it is narrower than most hammocks, I think it said 54". Can you get a good lay in it? Any calf ridge? I'm thinking of checking it out for that price.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    The only video I haven't quite found use in yet from Jeff is the one on button knots. I cannot for the life of me figure out a button knot for 7/64 Amsteel. Not his fault; I'm just not mechanically inclined.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    I've always had a great experience with Jeff's gear, and dealing with him in general. I like that he's instructional by nature. He gives folks the opportunity to make most of the gear he sells themselves. Or you can just purchase directly from him for convenience. I currently use his plastic toggles for my tarp, blue poly straps, becket loops for my hammock, and dyneema chest pouch.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    DW Winter Tarp W
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by unionmanbirch View Post
    theRVN, how comfortable is his hammock? I saw a netted 11 foot hammock with suspension included at his Etsy shop for just $70. It looks like it is narrower than most hammocks, I think it said 54". Can you get a good lay in it? Any calf ridge? I'm thinking of checking it out for that price.
    I have not yet spent a night in it but was able to get comfortable in it when testing it out. Can't say I recall experiencing any calf ridge either. I will say the fabric is a bit heavier and softer that the Hexon 1.6 used for my Chameleon and I did change the ridgeline to Zing-It since it came with 7/64"(I think) amsteel.

Hammock
    MTHL 11' w/wo net
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Rect
    Insulation
    DIY Costco Quilt
    Suspension
    MTHL 2in dyneema
    Images
    I spent the first night in a MTHL 11' hammock with 2" dyneema straps and it was great! Jeff worked with me to get a bunch of soft shackles and rapidly replaced the suspension that had been included instead of the 2" ones. I was a bit worried about the width, but definitely looking forward to more nights.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12