WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    Straps :)

11 foot DCF camo tarp with doors no lines, HG

This fabulous camo DCF tarp is 11 feet long, has doors, does not include lines, made by HG. I bought this years ago and it spent five days with me on the AT (mostly Maryland, as I recall), then I put it away until I pulled it out this past season for a long weekend on the AT in Vermont. Worked great both times, but I seem to be a "shorter is better" hammocker, and 11 feet of tarp cramps my hang. I'll be taking a 10 foot DCF with me this spring when I start down in Georgia for a LASH, but that's another story.

This tarp looks like new, no faults I'm aware of. No stuff sack I've found so far--I used a different stuff sack years back when I first tried it out, or I didn't get a stuff sack with it, memory fails me. I'll check one more time but assume "no stuff sack."

HG currently lists this at 430 smackers, 2-3 week wait. I can be yours shipped continental US for $350 immediately. This seems much the same as the one pictured at HG (standard camo doors), though my scale says about 8.3 oz while HG says 8.45 oz (shrug), probably within margin of error for home scale.

I remember this one fondly, despite it being too long for my personal hang preferences. It kept me bone dry during a violent thunderstorm in Maryland. I could have set up under the pavilion at Gathland State Park, but no, I wanted to test it out, and it worked a treat, not a drop on me while two inches of water from the downpour rushed along the ground a few inches below my hammock. Pictured here with a snakeskin (I can't recommend doing this with a DCF tarp), which, alas, is also not included.

IMG_4289.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    //
    “Stories set in the Culture in which Things Went Wrong tended to start with humans losing or forgetting or deliberately leaving behind their terminal. It was a conventional opening, the equivalent of straying off the path in the wild woods in one age, or a car breaking down at night on a lonely road in another.”
    ― Iain M. Banks, The Player of Games

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    Lots of views, no takers, lowering price to 330 American smackers. I haven't found the stuff sack, as I mentioned in the original post, I don't remember if there was one for sure...still looking, though.
    Last edited by Red Cinema; 12-01-2022 at 19:41.
    //
    “Stories set in the Culture in which Things Went Wrong tended to start with humans losing or forgetting or deliberately leaving behind their terminal. It was a conventional opening, the equivalent of straying off the path in the wild woods in one age, or a car breaking down at night on a lonely road in another.”

A question: What does the tarp have for attaching lines: D-rings, or Lineloc 3's, or something else? I couldn't tell from the photographs. { I may need new glasses! } The current model on the HG site has a couple of options.
    Thank you!

--Ken

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Is item still available? If so you may want to bump it at least once every week. Items that are inactive are subject to being removed from the Market Place area, it allows members to know you are still interested and it will keep the moderators from "pinging" you! (Bumps mean to respond in the post)

If you are finished with your thread, please follow the links in my signature for instructions on how to close/move your thread.

If you are going out of town or have limited/no forum access, please close and move your thread before you leave. It saves frustrations when members post questions but do not get responses.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    Oops, sorry I missed your note until just now. I think the answer is "D rings"--there are attachment points for lines in all the usual places, plus pull-outs. I can take an up close shot of the connecting hardware later today.
    //

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by docbackpacker View Post
    A question: What does the tarp have for attaching lines: D-rings, or Lineloc 3's, or something else? I couldn't tell from the photographs. { I may need new glasses! } The current model on the HG site has a couple of options.
    Thank you!

--Ken
    IMG_6266.jpeg
    //

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    bumpety bump bump look at Frosty go...
    //

• + New Posts