DIY
    Tarp
    9' Noah
    Insulation
    Primaloft Gold
    Suspension
    Webbing N Cinchbuc
    Images
    Check this thread for a stand design with a materials list.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...od-style-stand
    The essential part of me can not be discussed here. Ask me in person.

Hammock
    Whatever I'm in :)
    Tarp
    Good ol mil poncho
    Suspension
    20'L 1.5''w straps
    thanks sunsetkayaker. too bad the links in that forum post are dead and dont lead where they used to. but we have the materials list so were good

Since I can't answer every day (Writing in English, checking my text on online translators, correcting errors made by translators in the meaning of my text, and my mistakes in English... it takes a lot of time! ), I will respond to your comments one by one:

tlfillingim:
    Thanks, but I only assembled existing pipes and some rope

cougarmeat:
    All of the hammock stands you mentioned are rigid. They need couplers between the top post and the legs.
    Couplers are not easy to store compactly (straight poles are easier to pack) and I don't know where to get them in France.

My idea is to design a very "low tech" stand. If necessary, with just five tree branches and a few lengths of rope, you can create one.

Tiedownking: Like I said, X-strings are there to avoid the need for couplers. Without couplers, the perimeter rope on the leg cannot keep the stand upright.

Salt:
    I was inspired by the tensa4 for the sticks coupled only with rope. (and straight posts only for storage)
    On the Yobo stand, the guy wires are attached to the middle of the top post. I think it induces bending forces on it (because the legs are angled), not just compression.

Perhaps, if the top pole is stiff enough, it is possible to attach the guy wires like on the Yobo.
    Or, if you place lines between the four feet, to prevent the legs from spreading apart, pulling too hard on the middle of the top post. (I don't know if I'm clear enough. Feel free to ask)

Clown Pusher: I don't know yet. As I'm in France, I don't have access to the same hardware and hardware stores. I have to do some research.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12