Try messing with the suspension angle ("hangle")to adjust your sag ... ie move the straps lower (and shorter to keep the hammock at sit height) for less sag, higher (and longer) for more. keep in mind that the less sag there is the more shoulder squeeze & calf-ridge there'll be. this is similar to the trick you would use if you wanted to hang closer to one of the trees than the other... like for instance if you had sapling growing closer to one of the trees... the difference being that you're goal is for keeping the optimal hangle

A pad might help firm things up without having to adjust the sag at all.

You and I are nearly the same height and build, so it should be achievable.

Personally, I prefer enough sag that the hammock conforms to my body, not my body to the hammock. this is only possible sleeping on the angle, which allows my feet to drop to a flatter lay, and with help from a small pillow under my neck to keep my head slightly up without being awkwardly bent at the neck.

as somebody else mentioned, you can try raising or lowering one end in comparison to the other. what this does is slide your butt closer (think "bowling ball in a sack") to either end, helping you find the optimal position

I sleep on my back in a hammock, but in a bed I can't, and typically I'll sleep on my side or belly and end up tossing and turning all night or wake up with a "dead" arm.

I've been doing this for 10 years and sometimes I still have trouble adjusting to different span lengths. but mostly that's because once I'm set up in a spot I usually use that same spot for quite a while so I just stay set up, without being to break down and set back up all the time, only the rare occasions when I change locations.

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk