So I’ve had an 11ft Chameleon in Hexon 1.0 for about 4-5 months, and I’ve set it up about 20x. I’m not entirely happy with how comfortable I can get in it - Currently I prefer sleeping on the ground on my Ether Lite XT pad.

I feel that the Chameleon maybe has too much sag, the ridgeline is too short, the fabric is too stretchy, or it’s not wide enough (or some combination of all these things). I feel like my butt sinks too much when I try to lay flat, and that my head is propped up too much along the side ridge of the fabric (yes I have tried laying on all different kinds of diagonals and extremes). The Chameleon often feels most comfortable when the ridgeline is guitar string tight.

At home, I am a firm mattress lover and mostly a back sleeper. The biggest thing is that I hate how the Chameleon props my head up no matter what angle I lay at. I know a bridge hammock would help this a lot, but I am concerned about introducing shoulder squeeze into the equation, and would like to try to stick with the simplicity of gathered-end hammocks for now. I’m mostly looking for something to emulate the firm flat lay of the ground, when there’s no flat ground to sleep on.

Currently I’m looking at trying a Blackbird, Blackbird XLC, and DreamHammock Sparrow, as those are all highly recommended. Not sure if any of these would solve the issue though.

Thoughts?