Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    Hey All!

Looking forward to seeing you at the hang!

I received this in the mail yesterday from Homes for our Troops and while I don't believe in "signs" I definitely saw it as a good opportunity to remind everybody what we are raising money for with our raffle.

HFOT is an organization who makes and updates homes for severely injured disabled veterans. I'd really suggest you look them up, they do fantastic work. They also have stellar ratings from all charity oversight entities I could find so we know the funds we generate are used wisely.
    HFOT.jpg

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    Paul "Skunkape" Collins cordially invited me to be on his awesome Hammock Hangers Podcast with A.J. "Pheonix" Glenn and I had an absolute blast talking about the hang and hammock camping in general. They're the organizers of Hangcon in Florida and have some interesting experiences hosting a much larger hang. I'm always fascinated by what the other groups do and their podcast is a great periscope into those events.

They are entertaining and informative on their own and bring on some really fascinating guests. I'm not sure how I ended up in the company of some of their guests but they've got a slew of great episodes with some names you may know like Shug and Chris Duffy, and a bunch of folks you might not who have some great things to say and points of view.

I did a lot more nervous chuckling and saying "like" than I usually do but I think it's a good episode. Please check it out along with their others.

https://www.hikingradionetwork.com/s...socal-hangers/

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    RAFFLE ITEM UPDATE!!!!

Hammock Gear has donated (4) $50 gift certificates to our hang's raffle to raise funds for Homes for our Troops!

When I got started in hammocking, the first piece of gear I ordered from a cottage vendor was a custom Incubator and I can't tell you how impressed I was when I opened up the box and laid it out for inspection. It was the first piece of gear I ever saw which made me think "Man, this hammock camping thing is really serious". I was astounded by the quality, attention to detail, and the precise way in which they applied all of my requested customizations, even one which was not available by default at the time.

Do yourself a favor and come on out to our tenth year anniversary SoCal Hang April 27-30 for a chance to win it!

Hammock Gear has consistently sent us raffle prizes ever since we first started it several years ago. When you are shopping for your next outdoor purchase, please keep them in mind. And if you happen to be lucky enough to win, please post a picture of yourself with your prize on social media along with hashtags helping to promote their outstanding work.

Supporting vendors who support the SoCal Hangers and hammock community at large is a beautiful thing!

#hammockgear #HG #Incubator #underquilt #topquilt #tarps #socalhangers #hammocks

https://hammockgear.com

AHG1.jpg
    BHG2.jpg
    CHammockGear.jpg
    DHG Gift Certificate Qty 4 50 bucks Sample.jpg
    Last edited by WillieCash; 04-03-2023 at 10:22.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    RAFFLE ITEM UPDATE!!!!

Trek Light Gear has donated a $50 gift cert to our hang's raffle to raise funds for Homes for our Troops!

Ten years ago Seth & Heather Haber met by chance while waiting for a taxi. Today they are husband and wife and running their company Trek Light Gear with a simple mission: to build a business with heart.

Their first product they offered was an excellent hammock. So their roots are firmly swinging between the trees. Over the years they have added more and more fantastic products. When I get donations of gift certificates in I look through the donating company's website for promo pictures and ruminate on what I would get if I were to win the prize. Usually I have a pretty good idea once I get through with my search but with Trek Light Gear I honestly have no idea what I would pick. There is just SO MUCH cool stuff! Their hand-woven blankets are beautiful and would fit right into our decor at home. Everything they sell is intriguing. Robes, coffee mugs, apparel, fanny packs, everything on the site is appealing and... dare I say for an outdoorsy brand... chic.

Do yourself a favor and come on out to our tenth year anniversary SoCal Hang April 27-30 for a chance to win it!

Supporting vendors who support the SoCal Hangers and hammock community at large is a beautiful thing!

#TrekLightGear #FeelGoodDoGoodPassItOn #socalhangers #hammocks

https://www.treklightgear.com/

versatrek-hammock-gear-loft-camping-lightweight.jpg
    camping-hammock-bug-net-1024.jpg
    better-in-a-hammock-sticker.jpg

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    RAFFLE ITEM UPDATE!!!!

Underground Quilts, perhaps better known as UGQ Outdoor, has donated a slew of gift certificates (4x$25 and 2x$50) to our hang's raffle to raise funds for Homes for our Troops!

Paul and Missy are fantastic examples of the kind of people who support the hammock community and are a lot of fun to hang out with to boot. They came all the way out to California from Michigan to come to one of our hangs and we had a great time.

Before embarking on my attempt at the JMT a few years back I knew that my trusty $30 Wal-Mart "down" special sleeping bag was not going to cut it when faced with the rigors and abject cold of the Eastern Sierra Nevada. I made one of the best hammock gear purchases of my life when I ordered an XL Bandit top quilt with just the perfect customizations for my needs. When I was tucked into my hammock overlooking the frozen surface of Garnet Lake as a bitter wind cut across the ice I was snug as a bug in a rug and warm as a Pop Tart.

Do yourself a favor and come on out to our tenth year anniversary SoCal Hang April 27-30 for a chance to win!

#UGQ #UndergroundQuilts #socalhangers #hammocks

https://ugqoutdoor.com/
    1 Woman Walking.jpg
    2 Full Rig.jpg
    3Tarp.jpg
    4GiftCard.jpg

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    Is anybody interested in leading a group hike Saturday morning during the hang? I would do it but I will need to be in camp for arrivals. By "lead" I don't mean provide a guided tour. Just be a point of contact for people to meet with so you can leave together.

Options for trails from the site include below:

The campground provides access to the famed Santa Ana River Trail which has providing spectacular views along the way.

The 2.5-mile Rio Monte Trail is also accessed from the campground and ends at the Rio Monte Panorama, which overlooks the deep gorge of the Santa Ana River Valley.

The Jenks Lake Trail begins at the Barton Flats Visitor Center on the Rio Monte Trail. It then follows Barton Road to an old logging road to Jenks Lake.

At nearby Jenks Lake visitors can enjoy fishing, canoeing, and kayaking. The lake is stocked with rainbow trout and there are also some largemouth bass, bluegill, sunfish and catfish available.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    We’re just 13 days away!

If you are planning on coming to the hang please pre-pay for your slot. It makes it easier for me to keep track and stops me from having to deal with cash at the event.

I’m still out some cash for the reservation.

Cost will be $35 per person total regardless of how many nights you stay.

You can either send payment with

PayPal User: "WillieCash"
    Venmo User "@socalhangers"

Make sure to include your name and the names of all your attendees along with you HammockForums User Name if you have one.

If you have to pay with cash at the event that is OK.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    RAFFLE ITEM UPDATE!!!!

Warbonnet has donated a full Blackbird XLC rig to our hang's raffle to raise funds for Homes for our Troops!

I have used my Warbonnet XLC Blackbird for countless hammock adventures. I can't overstate how much I love it. The footbox was a game changer for me and the gear shelf is such a crucial part of my hammock experience every time I use it I find myself marveling at its usefulness.

I've also used different iterations of their Superfly tarp over the years. It was one of my first hammock gear purchases and has kept both me and my hiking buddies dry on multiple occasions including once where I was the only hammocker on a backpacking trip where we have 12 straight hours of rain and hail. It was large enough we could all hang out together underneath it and enjoy what would have otherwise been a miserable day. After that experience all of them have switched to hammocks with this beautiful tarp.

Do yourself a favor and come on out to our tenth year anniversary SoCal Hang April 27-30 for a chance to win!

#warbonnet #blackbird #socalhangers #hammocks

https://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/hammocks/

WarbonnetLogo®-1024x1024.jpg
    Shelf.jpg
    Shelf2.jpg
    Foot Box.jpg

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Hexon 1.2
    Tarp
    UGQ Custom 11' Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    SuperiorSuspension
    Thank you for fundraising for a great cause! I have some questions about the raffle tickets which I didn't see answers for in the previous posts for this event.

How much are raffle tickets? Are raffle tickets purchases cash only, or can we purchase tickets ahead of time via Paypal, Venmo, etc.?

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingAvocado View Post
    Thank you for fundraising for a great cause! I have some questions about the raffle tickets which I didn't see answers for in the previous posts for this event.

How much are raffle tickets? Are raffle tickets purchases cash only, or can we purchase tickets ahead of time via Paypal, Venmo, etc.?
    Great Questions!

Sorry I cannot edit the original post if it is that old.

Raffle tickets are $5 each and may be purchased at the hang with cash BUT buying them ahead of time is definitely WAY easier for me. Just note in the Venmo/PayPal payment (same accounts listed previously) what the funds are for and I will set aside tickets for you.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast