Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Greetings from SE Michigan!

Hello Hammock People!
    I've been becoming absolutely obsessed with hammock camping since I went with a friend of mine on a backpacking trip along the Manistee River. I've had an Eno Doublenest for some time now and have pretty much only ever used it to hangout at the park or bring along as a more comfortable seat when tenting. I tried sleeping in a hammock overnight once but got so cold throughout the night I never thought I'd do it again. How amazed I was when I was introduced to the underquilt! A good friend of mine is very into hammocks and camping and has been using Dutchware products for some time now. I have him to thank for getting me introduced to what hammock camping could be. I borrowed a spare underquilt of his for our trip and slept better in my Eno than I ever had before on the ground while tenting. When I got home I dove headfirst into Shug's YouTube channel per his recommendation and was amazed at the different kinds of hammocks, suspension, insulation, and customization of all of the above you have access to in a hammock system. I am hoping to pickup some new gear over the winter as I definitely think the extra length of a 10-11' hammock will make sleeping that much more comfortable. I've already read so much great info on hear and look forward to being apart of your community!
    Nick,

EDIT: just to clarify, all the gear listed under my username are items I'm planning on purchasing over the course of the winter.
    Last edited by Kasper; 10-29-2022 at 19:14.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    11' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Beckett and EVOs
    Welcome from Texas! I'm originally from a little North of you - a little town called Freeland in the TriCity area.
    Glad your excited to be started on your hammock journey. I started out with a cheap Amazon hammock (like the Eno), and have since moved to a Warbonnet Blackbird (original), then to a Dutchware Chameleon, and now to a Warbonnet Blackbird XLC. Just remember that almost everything is personal preference, so while one hammock may not be comfortable for you, another might be. The important part is to get out and have some fun!
    Don't be afraid to ask questions around here - everyone is friendly, and a lot of different experiences to be learned from.

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Supertarp
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie, HM UCR ++
    Hi Nick & welcome from a Welsh hanger.
    Been to & through your neck of the woods many times. I know how cold it gets there so a great thing you've discovered Under Quilts. My Warbonnet Wookie's just arrived in the UK so it'll be here this week. Can't wait.

Much easier for you to buy & try things from various manufacturers in the US than it is here. There's no shortage of advice & opinions on what works for other people too, so the only difficulty is time, to read, absorb & decide what you need. As a 6'4" Rugby Second Row, I 100% get the need for a longer hammock only too well. The BB XLC is shaping up nicely, having tried plenty of other brands, particularly ENO, Hennessy, etc.

Best idea of all though is to decide what you need based on where & when you want to go hanging. Then take your time & build the kit up gradually. I know some can get carried away sometimes & Christmas is a-coming so that might help a bit too Also lots of ideas to adapt rather than spend a fortune on kit. 2 weeks ago, I read something about a home-made small table to use next to the hammock rather than spend £40/$50 on one. Just bought a new shallow baking tray for £3, a fishing bank stick for £5, then a couple of allen screws & the whole thing cost under £10 including shipping. Works well. Most of all though, it was fun to do plus it fits nicely inside a 35L day sack as well, so that little bit of snugness creeps in as well, hehe.

Looking forward to seeing how you go, especially with the seasonal differences in MI. Enjoy the forums & shout out if you need any ideas.

Cheers,

Dave/Dai

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Hello Hammock People!
    I've been becoming absolutely obsessed with hammock camping since I went with a friend of mine on a backpacking trip along the Manistee River. I've had an Eno Doublenest for some time now and have pretty much only ever used it to hangout at the park or bring along as a more comfortable seat when tenting. I tried sleeping in a hammock overnight once but got so cold throughout the night I never thought I'd do it again. How amazed I was when I was introduced to the underquilt! A good friend of mine is very into hammocks and camping and has been using Dutchware products for some time now. I have him to thank for getting me introduced to what hammock camping could be. I borrowed a spare underquilt of his for our trip and slept better in my Eno than I ever had before on the ground while tenting. When I got home I dove headfirst into Shug's YouTube channel per his recommendation and was amazed at the different kinds of hammocks, suspension, insulation, and customization of all of the above you have access to in a hammock system. I am hoping to pickup some new gear over the winter as I definitely think the extra length of a 10-11' hammock will make sleeping that much more comfortable. I've already read so much great info on hear and look forward to being apart of your community!
    Nick,

EDIT: just to clarify, all the gear listed under my username are items I'm planning on purchasing over the course of the winter.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    Head down, butt up & keep going... Until it's time to hang.
    Aaaaaaand relaxxxx

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Welcome from the other side of the Mitten. I switch over from ground camping to hammock camping several years ago after an eventful trip in the Smokeys with a couple buddies that had hammock. Haven't slept on the ground since. Enjoy the journey.

Cheers,
    A.A.

Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow Symmetrical
    Tarp
    DD XL with doors
    Insulation
    SMR inferno UQ
    Suspension
    Daisy Chains
    Images
    welcome from Manchester, Mi - Just south of Chelsea