Greetings from Nashville!

Good Morning all!

My name is Jon and I live in a town called Smyrna (right outside Nashville). Before moving here, I lived all over the country while I was in the Army. I recently got into hammocks because I wanted to try one while camping. In the last 10 months I've gone camping more times than I did growing up and have fallen back in love with being in the wild. One of those trips, I strung up a hammock and slept pretty well.

Since then, I got a few things to go with the hammock for colder weather and a better tarp that I can use even if I don't bring a hammock along. My favorite thing so far is the ability to not have to bring everything and deal with tent poles. On my last weekend get away with my girlfriend and little kids (6 and 7), we stayed at a small hippy cabin but set a few hammocks up to lounge in. My girls loved setting up and relaxing in the hammocks. When we returned, I got them each an Wise Owl Owlette hammock and hung them in their rooms getting rid of their old beat up toddler beds. We will see this weekend how they enjoy them. Hopefully, in the coming weeks I can get away for a solo trip to one of the islands in Percy Priest lake and camp out (would be my first Solo Kayak Camp/Hammock Camp trip).

Any insights into kids hammock camping or kids and hammocks is appreciated! Thanks for having me!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    A fellow that used to come to our group hangs would hang his kid above him. Others hang next to them. WIth two, You could probably have them hang next to each other for company, using the same trees, just opposite sides.
    Getting them out there is so important!

Have fun- Charlotte

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Here's a link to a quick article on hanging two hammocks together: Hammock Camping for Two | DutchWare (dutchwaregear.com)
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You'll find a bunch intel right here on this forum.
    Be aware of the Hammock Learning Curve......
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Supertarp
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie, HM UCR ++
    Welcome Aboard.

Ex-British Army here. Nice to see a little more Green. I'm sure you'll be well into your tarps & knots already & could teach us all a thing or two. I tended to use a hammock in the job when location & conditions allowed. Used to recommend it to mates as well who scoffed at me, until morning when they woke with stiff backs. Funny that, eh?
    I was only looking at Nashville-related article yesterday as I was researching a singer based there from the 60's but with little luck. Ah well, some you win.

Have just bought a down UQ for my Warbonnet myself, so might be interesting to compare & contrast sometime. Have never had a down one before so likely to be a game changer I'm sure.

It'll be great to see how the kids grow into hammocking, especially as they learn the physics & biology behind heat loss, shelters, suspension & so on. It'll be an education of the best kind - Those are the ones that are FUN... That way, they never forget.

Looking forward to reading all about it.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    Head down, butt up & keep going... Until it's time to hang.
    Aaaaaaand relaxxxx

• + New Posts