Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Becket

Greetings from the SC Midlands

Hello everyone,

I’ve been lurking around the forums for quite a while but never registered (not a huge fan of my username, but oh well). I’ve been backpacking for the past seventeen years or so but was always curious about hammocks. A couple years back I purchased a Hennessy Expedition Classic and took it out a few times but never could quite get it dialed in just right. Not being one to throw in the towel, this past week I purchased a WBBB XLC and hung it up in the backyard for the first time today. I can tell it’s going to be a game changer…

Anyway, not a lot of opportunities to backpack in the Columbia, SC area so you’ll typically find me along the Foothills Trail or in Pisgah. My kids are finally getting big enough to carry some loads so looking forward to getting out more with them.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Welcome to hammock nirvana. Check out group hammock hangs. There you will get a crash course in hammockology along with meeting good people who car camp and some of us get together for impromptu backpacking trips.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Welcome from Lancaster, SC!

There is a hang coming up 1st weekend in November you should try to make. Great group of people and it's family friendly. Usually Thu - Sun but people come & go as they wish. No cost, pack your own meals and enough water for the weekend. It's up near Troy, NC at Yates Place on Dusty Level Rd. About a 2.5-hour drive from Columbia. See here...https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...vember-3-4-5-6
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Becket
    Sounds like a good time. Not sure I can make it this time due to my work schedule, but thanks for extending the invite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Welcome!

The WBBB was a game changer for me as well. This a great place to find tips and tricks to get your rig dialed in and I've found the hammock gurus here are more than willing to help trouble shoot and answer questions along the way.

Cheers,
    A.A.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    Welcome! be sure and post trip reports with pictures. We love to see families and small people getting out there!

Charlotte

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Supertarp
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie, HM UCR ++
    Welcome aboard, although saying that I only got here myself too.

Been hanging on & off for a while. Like you, I tried Hennessy (Assym, the bottom entry) but it never say well with me.
    Lots of ENO's of various types were better (while simpler) though something still seemed like it was missing.

My Blackbird XLC + top cover arrived a month ago. Already have a Supertarp & have a Wookie en route as well. It's definitely going to be a game changer but currently have a knee injury that I need to disappear before I can go out & get it properly dialled in.

In the meantime, it's a good time to do some upgrades to the tarp, new guy lines with bungee cord tensioners, luminous guy adjusters for another set to go on my Tatonka Tarp, so no time's being wasted. That way, an afternoon to test & adjust then the set will be ready to go. Can't wait.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    Head down, butt up & keep going... Until it's time to hang.
    Aaaaaaand relaxxxx

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Becket

Greetings from the SC Midlands

After reading a few posts on here I finally realized that the Hennessy was probably just a smidge too short for me as I’m right at 5’10. I kept experiencing heel numbness and hyperextension/knee pain but thought it was just part of the experience. I think the Hennessy will probably work out great for the wife & kids though. I did also buy the Thunderfly with the XLC but haven’t gotten a chance to set it up I’m sure it’ll feel quite spacious compared to the Hennessy fly and the 9x9 tarp I was using.

Hammock
    Various DIY; Fronkey Bugnet
    Tarp
    DIY/Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY/Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dyneema/Evo Loops
    Welcome! From a neighbor in Elgin.
    I'm the same. I do most of my backpacking in the Foothills.
    Bill

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Becket
    Those quakes ever stop? Been a while since I felt one out here in Lexington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast