WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    You know how come people from Wiscansin pronounce it the way I spelled it, without moving their lips?
    Its because their lips are frozen.

True fact!
    Hey! I resemble that remark...and I think you're probably right. Hadn't thought of it before because our brain cells don't thaw out til July 4 up nort here and then we have to give full concentration to avoiding being carried off in the night by our state bird.
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    Dutchware Bonded
    Insulation
    Enlightened / HG
    Suspension
    HG Daisy Chain
    Images
    For years I have been doubling up my Arrowhead synthetic 20 degrees under me the putting my 20 degree HG Lynx over that adding an underquilt protector to top off the trifecta. That will all change because I am awaiting my new Loco Libre Ridge Reaper that I ordered in zero degree with overstuff. Hoping to be toasty from here out.
    Some days I can't tell whether I found a rope or lost a horse...

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    AHE
    Suspension
    Strap and buckle
    I doubled up last weekend. On the first night, I ran just my Arrowhead 25 degree on my WBRR down into the mid-30's. I was a little cool. Not uncomfortable or chilled, but right on the edge. On the second night, I stacked my 20 degree HG incubator below the Arrowhead and was toasty good all night long.

I've never tried the Incubator on the RR by itself, but read a bunch where folk have tried and didn't like it without extra suspension work. The Arrowhead seems to fill in any gaps with the incubator and they work well together.

One day I'll pony up for a 0 degree Lynx, but for now, I'll just pack less junk and take both quilts when it starts to get frosty.

PS. My RR is double layered. I have an insulated air mattress, and a 1/8 foam pad... both work well, but I prefer the bare hammock and underquilts
    2009 KLX250S (331), 2014 Tiger 800 XC, 1980 CJ-7, 2021 WBRR w/Superfly

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    AHE
    Suspension
    Strap and buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by AG2020 View Post
    I doubled up last weekend. On the first night, I ran just my Arrowhead 25 degree on my WBRR down into the mid-30's. I was a little cool. Not uncomfortable or chilled, but right on the edge. On the second night, I stacked my 20 degree HG incubator below the Arrowhead and was toasty good all night long.

I've never tried the Incubator on the RR by itself, but read a bunch where folk have tried and didn't like it without extra suspension work. The Arrowhead seems to fill in any gaps with the incubator and they work well together.

One day I'll pony up for a 0 degree Lynx, but for now, I'll just pack less junk and take both quilts when it starts to get frosty.

PS. My RR is double layered. I have an insulated air mattress, and a 1/8 foam pad... both work well, but I prefer the bare hammock and underquilts
    Update.. Took the AH25 and HG20 combo down around 16 and stayed plenty warm with no cold spots. I used my Kelty Cosmic 20 for a topquilt along with an extra fleece blanket, Smartwool 250 weight base layer, wool socks, and a light beanie.
    2009 KLX250S (331), 2014 Tiger 800 XC, 1980 CJ-7, 2021 WBRR w/Superfly

I have had great success using an underquilt protector as a way to combine quilts. It makes a nice seal and windbreak around the stacked quilts and I think helps them work better as an integrated unit.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12