Hey guys, I know lots of folks don't like this hammock, so please don't make this post about that. I love this thing. My other hammock is a Dream-Hammock Dangerbird, and it has a winter cover - a feature I love and have found very useful in cold weather.

I used my Amok Draumr UL this weekend in temps down in the 40's and I really wish I could block some of the wind, and get a little bit of insulation. This particular model does NOT allow the bug net to zip off - so I can't just have someone sew a cover for it, unless they modified the whole zipper, which I'm guessing would be expensive custom non-warranty work.

So my question is: has anyone made a winter sock for this hammock? or maybe some sort of "clip-on" winter cover to go over most of the bug net with a little spot for ventilation?

I have read about people using blankets and all sorts of stuff they adhere to the top of the hammock. I'm wondering if there's any tips on going that direction?

Was using the UL mat and it's rated down to 19 deg F and it stayed warm, no issues.

I am thinking I may get the winterlight mat they have, and then just upgrade to a 0 deg F quilt if nothing else, but still wishing I could find something that works here.

Any ideas welcome!