Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    HG Cuban +1ft
    Insulation
    HG UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing Dutch Clip

Aarn Peak Aspiration

If you missed out on one of the most comfortable backpacks, and have been waiting to find one. It's here!

Aarn Peak Aspiration with Sports Pockets provides comfort and balance.

Reviews:
    http://www.backpackgeartest.org/revi...0Mike%20Curry/

Asking price: $100 /make offer.
    Trade options: under quilt, top quilt, tarp, hammock, cool gear

Medium size hip belt. Large Sport Pockets. Description in review link, above, fits the description of this pack.

Photos (updated link):
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tg77kwm8g...8XQ64C1Ba?dl=0
    Last edited by gathered_stones; 10-03-2022 at 07:05.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Couldn't tell from the photos if this has the "lasso loc" straps for attaching gear to the sides of the pack - simple, yet very useful.

Do the balance pockets have dry bag liners, too?

Do the balance pockets have aluminum stays that fit into small holsters on the hip belt? Couldn't see from the photos, but they probably do. That's the feature that makes the weight on the shoulder straps adjustable down to zero.

Why is this owner of four Aarnpacks interested in acquiring another one? I have nieces, nephews, and great-nieces and great-nephews who are now, or soon will be, backpackers. Could trade a synthetic TQ made by modifying a Big Agnes sleeping bag (possibly "Lost Dog" model) or an adjustable hammock or PBH prototype. (I'll need to look at what I've got.)

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    HG Cuban +1ft
    Insulation
    HG UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing Dutch Clip
    Hi WV,

I added some more photos to help clarify. Photo 12 has a picture of the stays in the balance pockets. I'll let you determine from the pictures if the lasso loc is there. I am not familiar with what to look for. The pockets don't have a separate liner but they have a rubber texture inside (photo 10).

Let me know what else I can take a picture of and I'll add those to the dropbox.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Thanks, gathered_stones. The photos confirm that this pack is similar to newer Aarnpacks with interchangeable hip belts and balance pockets. The lasso locs aren't there, but, more importantly, the small webbing loops on the sides of the pack where they, or similar strap options would attach are present. The most important thing I asked about was the aluminum stays in the balance pockets, so that's good. If somebody doesn't snatch this up at this price, let me know if you're interested in a trade.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    HG Cuban +1ft
    Insulation
    HG UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing Dutch Clip
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Thanks, gathered_stones. The photos confirm that this pack is similar to newer Aarnpacks with interchangeable hip belts and balance pockets. The lasso locs aren't there, but, more importantly, the small webbing loops on the sides of the pack where they, or similar strap options would attach are present. The most important thing I asked about was the aluminum stays in the balance pockets, so that's good. If somebody doesn't snatch this up at this price, let me know if you're interested in a trade.
    I sent you a PM, to discuss trading options.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Is item still available? If so you may want to bump it at least once every week. Items that are inactive are subject to being removed from the Market Place area, it allows members to know you are still interested and it will keep the moderators from "pinging" you! (Bumps mean to respond in the post)

If you are finished with your thread, please follow the links in my signature for instructions on how to close/move your thread.

If you are going out of town or have limited/no forum access, please close and move your thread before you leave. It saves frustrations when members post questions but do not get responses.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    I'll bump this thread, even though I'm sorting through my gear to offer a worthwhile trade. Aarn Packs are to other packs as hammocks are to tents. You have to learn how to use them, and if you do, you will be rewarded. I still want this pack to use as a loaner, but I won't be torn up if somebody else wants to learn about hiking with the pack's center of gravity in line with your own. (I have several other Aarn Packs.)

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    What is the top end size of a medium belt?

Thank you

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    HG Cuban +1ft
    Insulation
    HG UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing Dutch Clip
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter1 View Post
    What is the top end size of a medium belt?

Thank you
    The large models with Pelvic-Form Hipbelts have 3 hipbelt sizes. The medium size, M is standard. To decide whether this will fit, or whether you need a S or L size, use a tape measure to determine your waist size, as the top of the hip belt goes around your waist. If this distance is less than 85 cm choose the S size, if it is greater than 95 cm, choose the L size. Between 85 cm and 95 cm, choose the M size.

Reference: https://www.aarnpacks.com/pages/how-to-select-your-pack

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Is item still available? If so you may want to bump it at least once every week. Items that are inactive are subject to being removed from the Market Place area, it allows members to know you are still interested and it will keep the moderators from "pinging" you! (Bumps mean to respond in the post)

If you are finished with your thread, please follow the links in my signature for instructions on how to close/move your thread.

If you are going out of town or have limited/no forum access, please close and move your thread before you leave. It saves frustrations when members post questions but do not get responses.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast