Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    Straps :)

What's this thingy for? Also, tape repair wisdoms?

I'm sure if I went full Google History I could find some old sales copy, but it is more fun to ask here.

Got a new to me 10' Cuben fiber tarp with doors. Stringed it up, did a full inspection, found some minor holes, ordered some tape to patch it up (Mountain Laurel Design for the win), but see this here thingy (see pic). Can't imagine it is supposed to hold much weight...that's a little loop affixed with a square of DCF to the underside of the tarp. :: shrug ::

IMG_6141.jpeg

Any hand-use tips for using DCF repair tape? Flat, yes, press it good, yes, let it cure--got all that from the instructions, plus "round the edges." Always worth asking for tips from those who have done the deed, I reckon.

Thanks all.
    //
    “Stories set in the Culture in which Things Went Wrong tended to start with humans losing or forgetting or deliberately leaving behind their terminal. It was a conventional opening, the equivalent of straying off the path in the wild woods in one age, or a car breaking down at night on a lonely road in another.”
    ― Iain M. Banks, The Player of Games

Internal pole mod?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    Internal pole mod?
    can this be done with just one loop on the inside?
    //
    “Stories set in the Culture in which Things Went Wrong tended to start with humans losing or forgetting or deliberately leaving behind their terminal. It was a conventional opening, the equivalent of straying off the path in the wild woods in one age, or a car breaking down at night on a lonely road in another.”

There would have to be Beastie Dee d-rings or similar on the center of the fly edge for the pole ends but, yes, a single tie in the center of the underside works to hold the middle of the pole. Just did the same thing recently.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    You said underside of the tarp but not where on the underside - like on the ridgeline or side panel? And centered on the tarp or more towards one side.? Some tarps have a tie-off point for a hammock. If you want to be under the tarp and have the hammock somewhat out of the way - but still up - the internal tie-off allows you to hold the hammock to one side. I believe the Universal Tarp by JacksAreBetter (JRB) has that feature.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Cinema View Post
    I'm sure if I went full Google History I could find some old sales copy, but it is more fun to ask here.

Got a new to me 10' Cuben fiber tarp with doors. Stringed it up, did a full inspection, found some minor holes, ordered some tape to patch it up (Mountain Laurel Design for the win), but see this here thingy (see pic). Can't imagine it is supposed to hold much weight...that's a little loop affixed with a square of DCF to the underside of the tarp. :: shrug ::

IMG_6141.jpeg

Any hand-use tips for using DCF repair tape? Flat, yes, press it good, yes, let it cure--got all that from the instructions, plus "round the edges." Always worth asking for tips from those who have done the deed, I reckon.

Thanks all.
    What kind of tarp? Hammock-specific or otherwise?

Maybe to support a separate bug net, or the head area of a bivy:

HMG Echo with JB Bivy.jpg
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    WB Eldorado, Lightweight Double
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Becket
    From MLD Features list: 2 inside ridgeline gear hang loops

Screenshot 2022-09-28 053335.jpg

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    I think we probably have a winner here. The loop is near but not on the centerline, near one end of the tarp. There aren't two, but it would, as someone else suggested via email, serve as a place to hang a little light.
    //

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    What kind of tarp? Hammock-specific or otherwise?

could be a non-hammock tarp--it would serve as a single point of support for a bug net, though it isn't on the ridgeline and so not right above head--but otherwise the tarp seems like a hammock tarp: 10 footer with doors and sundry tie outs...

Maybe to support a separate bug net, or the head area of a bivy:

HMG Echo with JB Bivy.jpg
    //

• + New Posts