Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    Look at those "tails" on the asym. I'm thinking that is the answer to be able to use the same zipper half. But that also indicates that the asym "bulges" are set in a bit further from the ends as compared to the symmetrical one. It also means that the "ridgeline length" is longer and the asym will be looser on the SRL, assuming the "bulges" are the same width.

Am I "reading" that correctly?
    Lol I really don't know... they don't *appear* to be interchangeable. There must be elves involved.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    Lol I really don't know... they don't *appear* to be interchangeable. There must be elves involved.
    Glad I'm not the only one who is perplexed.

No mention of the asym bugnet coming with a zipper stretcher...
    Last edited by TominMN; 09-30-2022 at 04:54.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki 0deg
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
    Dutch has a brand new spreader bar type bug net. Might be worth looking into? Looks pretty cool IMO.
    I finally got a chance this weekend to try out my spreader bar bug net and I really like it. It not only kept the bug net off my face when laying in the hammock but it made getting in and out of my hammock easier because it lifted the bugnet up and out of the way when I unzipped it

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    Minifly
    Insulation
    Yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyhiker View Post
    I finally got a chance this weekend to try out my spreader bar bug net and I really like it. It not only kept the bug net off my face when laying in the hammock but it made getting in and out of my hammock easier because it lifted the bugnet up and out of the way when I unzipped it

Good to know. At some point I'll be adding another hammock to my arsenal and the Chameleon with that net is high on the list.

Hammock
    Netty, XLC
    Tarp
    HG Std, Zpacks Asy
    Insulation
    HG, EE, Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Getting a Chameleon and trying to decide on asym vs sym bugnet. My question is does the symmetrical setup cause more underquilt slippage? This will be my first hammock with quilt hooks, and I hope that will solve the slippage problem I've had in the past. I'm not sure if I like left or right lay better - have both styles and don't seem to have a preference. In any case you can flip the asym net if you want anyway. I'm leaning toward the asym mainly because a want the underquilt to be locked in. Anyone able to convince me otherwise?

Hammock
    Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images
    Get a sym and will work out both ways.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slbear View Post
    Getting a Chameleon and trying to decide on asym vs sym bugnet. My question is does the symmetrical setup cause more underquilt slippage? This will be my first hammock with quilt hooks, and I hope that will solve the slippage problem I've had in the past. I'm not sure if I like left or right lay better - have both styles and don't seem to have a preference. In any case you can flip the asym net if you want anyway. I'm leaning toward the asym mainly because a want the underquilt to be locked in. Anyone able to convince me otherwise?
    If you change sleep directions during the night, definitely get a symmetrical... the Chameleon asym net isn't difficult to flip but it's not something you'd want to do multiple times during the night.

In my experience, slippage is reduced when using quilt hooks. However, I found that they seem to put a little more stress on the net than I'd like and I no longer use them. Occasionally, and especially with 'shortie' quilts, I'll wake up with a foot or shoulder having slipped past the quilt shock cords but I find it an extremely minor issue... I just readjust quickly and go back to sleep. And sometimes I don't even notice and snooze right thru it.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12