Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Need2noCallahan, When I get in the Wookie (also 10 ° and original BB), I sometimes have to tug on the left side a little. It seems getting in/out of the hammock can shift the UQ over just enough to allow that chill. The "custom fit" is a plus and a minus. The Plus is, lighter weight/bulk as the down is just where you need it for the diagonal lie. The Negative is if it shifts as you get in/out it's easier (than a standard UQ) to create a cold spot. If the Wookie is in the right place to begin with, I haven't experienced it moving while I'm in the hammock. I think what happens is getting in/out can sometimes that action pushes the UQ a little to the right. I don't notice it at first, but as things warm up, that cold area by the left shoulder is noticed. Again, just a tug on the UQ to pull it over to the left seems to rectify the situation.

I suppose, now that I know what's happening, I can make sure the UQ is "centered" and grabbing the edge of the hammock and UQ as I get in - or giving it a tug/shift after I get in - I can make sure it's in the right spot. For me, this borders on the edge of design problem vs user error. That said, I'm liking the Wookie so much (thanks to cmoulder's fabric suggestions), that I'm thinking of getting another (for either mid-summer or deep winter). I wouldn't hesitate to suggest it to a BlackBird owner, but I'd remind them to make sure the hammock body is centered in the UQ before they get in - or to tug that left side over just a bit after they get in.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 10-04-2022 at 12:15.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts