Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG DCF Camo Palace
    Insulation
    EE and Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetle Bucks
    And yes, original Blackbird. I’m in the vertically challenged category. Maybe I can convince Brandon to make something to help us short guys get out suspension higher up. I’ve been cutting a stick with a Y on the end. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Wolf and Man View Post
    And yes, original Blackbird. I’m in the vertically challenged category. Maybe I can convince Brandon to make something to help us short guys get out suspension higher up. I’ve been cutting a stick with a Y on the end. Lol.
    werner.jpg stilts.jpg
    Last edited by TominMN; 09-25-2022 at 12:58.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG DCF Camo Palace
    Insulation
    EE and Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetle Bucks
    Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    Now if those were UL carbon fiber, maybe lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Contact Dutchware. If not carbon fiber, maybe titanium.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

I couldn't get this thread out of my head. Just wondering if the slack along the edges could actually allow a draft that could affect performance(?) A Wooki is pretty much an UQP with insulation sewn to it and I happen to think that's a brilliant idea! But I've also noticed that a lot of UQPs incorporate what's essentially a Knotty Mod to minimize drafts. Would that make a Wooki even better or doesn't it matter?

Poking around on the DIY forum, I noticed there have been a couple of threads about this very subject. So this is hardly an original idea.
    Last edited by TominMN; 09-30-2022 at 06:55.

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    See my post #4 in this thread: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...on-a-Chameleon
    The main topic there is adapting a regular Wookie (designed for the 10' WB original Blackbird) to an 11' DWG Chameleon.

I have ditched all my traditional suspension underquilts for Wookies, but have at times experienced a gap in Wookie coverage under my outside shoulder. My no-sew solution was to run some shockcord over the ridgeline from the sewn loop of the Wookie's middle to a binder clip. Works pretty well, if a bit inelegant.

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...=1#post2047189

Link to a hutzelbein post that addresses one way to stop the floppy shoulder bit. I personally haven't found it to affect performance until you're within a few degrees of the UQ rating, but at those temperatures I'm bringing an UQP anyways. The warbonnet UQP pulls that flop up against your shoulder (albeit loosely).

Quote Originally Posted by Hang Williams View Post

Link to a hutzelbein post that addresses one way to stop the floppy shoulder bit. I personally haven't found it to affect performance until you're within a few degrees of the UQ rating, but at those temperatures I'm bringing an UQP anyways. The warbonnet UQP pulls that flop up against your shoulder (albeit loosely).
    I have to say that the shock cord seems like a more elegant approach than a "rubber band", despite the necessary knots. Anyone know what size shock cord? (hint, hint hutzelbein...)

Hammock
    WBBB XLC UL DL
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wooki, UGQ
    Suspension
    Becket straps
    Images
    I would add one note about adding one own shock cord or other hardware changes.

I always found the tiny carabiner on the foot end kind of weird. But on a recent rip I managed to try to climb only into the UQ and missed the hammock itself when I got up in the middle of the night. Or actually I did climb into the UQ. And it dropped me on the ground. I had though at first my suspension had failed but it was the little carabiner that broke. I was able to just loop the rubber band over the whip and went back to sleep. But that little carabiner from what I can tell is a pre designed failure point. I would not change it as had it not failed it would have damaged something that would be harder to fix. I have since replaced it with another fairly weak carabiner.

from what I can tell, everything in that hammock set up XLC/Wooki is there for a purpose and I would not mess with it.

Hammock
    HG 10’ w/net
    Tarp
    Anything with door
    Insulation
    HQ 20*/40* UQ-TQ
    Suspension
    Tree straps to con
    All this talk about adjustment to the ends, my only issue is one side won't snug up to my shoulder.

I sleep head left feet right in an original Blackbird. I have a 10* Diamond Back (which I love) and a 10* Wookie. The side under my left shoulder sags down and leaves a cold spot.

I have fiddled with the ends, but nothing fixes it. I am going through my winter set ups and when I get to the Wookie, I might sew in a pcs of elastic (actually pin it in first) and see if that fixes it. I thought about a pcs of shock cord, but that will interfear with entering/exiting the hammock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast