Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rainfly Guylines

If you keep your guylines attached to the rainfly and use small cordage (1 mm to 2.5 mm), these things are pretty slick. Very small, very light weight (0.02 oz / 0.7 g), and super easy to adjust.

Clamcleat CL266 Mini Line-Lok

MIcro Lineloc.jpg

I've not tried them with Lash-It/Zing-It. I know Zpacks has them (Micro Lineloc). Probably others as well.
    Last edited by TominMN; 09-14-2022 at 17:39.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet minifly
    Insulation
    EE underquilt, Kel
    Suspension
    Dynaweave Beckett
    I also highly recommend these. Just installed them on my minifly this year and they make tarp setup that much easier. Just when I thought my staking process couldn’t get any easier/faster.

I’m not sure if it’s the safest method, but I just put the end of the loop directly around my MSR mini groundhog stakes and then hammer down… no knots or hitches needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Mentally, I'm still in the Smokies"
    https://lighterpack.com/r/x0j67m

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    Dutchware Bonded
    Insulation
    Enlightened / HG
    Suspension
    HG Daisy Chain
    Images
    I use Dutches V Line locks and they work great. I run 1.3mm line on them and I believe they go down to 1mm. Super light and easy to adjust.
    Some days I can't tell whether I found a rope or lost a horse...

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    I use these on several hammocks.
    Another trick/tip. I use about 8 inches of shock cord on these making a loop. Then larks head that to the guy line pull out. Run the line then out from the lock to the stake with just a loop at the stack. The advantage is now the clamclete is just up next to your tarp. So in the pouring rain, you can adjust/tighten from under your tarp. Might keep you a bit drier.
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by brohawk View Post
    I use Dutches V Line locks and they work great. I run 1.3mm line on them and I believe they go down to 1mm. Super light and easy to adjust.
    I've been using these as well with Atwood Micro cord (1.18 mm) and have been very happy with them. One seems to slip a bit, but the others hold fine and they're very easy to adjust.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brohawk View Post
    I agree that they're a really good sew-on option.

Quote Originally Posted by rhjanes View Post
    I use these on several hammocks.
    Another trick/tip. I use about 8 inches of shock cord on these making a loop. Then larks head that to the guy line pull out. Run the line then out from the lock to the stake with just a loop at the stack. The advantage is now the clamclete is just up next to your tarp. So in the pouring rain, you can adjust/tighten from under your tarp. Might keep you a bit drier.
    Yup, they certainly can be rigged to tension from either end of the guyline.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Has anyone experienced these losing grip in a rainstorm? I imagine the tolerances between the cordage and the holes matters more than other solutions; just want to see if my assumptions are true.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
    Has anyone experienced these losing grip in a rainstorm? I imagine the tolerances between the cordage and the holes matters more than other solutions; just want to see if my assumptions are true.
    If rain is possible, I just do an extra check tug on each line, making sure to tug it into the locked position.
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
    The grip is a "toothed" V-groove, so tolerances aren't really an issue here. These pieces of hardware are "borrowed" from marine use, where, in various sizes, they are typically used to manage rigging lines. Those holes are really screw holes used for mounting. These smallest ones adapt well for rainfly guylines for both hammocks and tents.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast