Hi guys, another noob here with another noob question.

I now have both a full 20F UQ/TQ pairing and a 0F UQ/TQ pairing - I bought an EE 20F UQ to pair with my EE 20F quilt that I already had for UL backpacking in a tent. I also just picked up a Warbonnet Wooki 0F UQ and Warbonnet Diamondback 0F top quilt.

My question is, at what forecasted overnight low, do you guys switch from bringing your 20F insulation pairing to your 0F insulation pairing? As a ground sleeper, I would bring my 0F sleeping bag over my 20F quilt if the overnight low was forecasted to hit below 30. I’m guessing it might be a different story in the hammock. I know it depends on the person and what they wear to bed, but I was curious what others switchover temp was. In the ground, I didn’t mind sleeping in my pants and puff if needed, but in the hammock I plan to try sleeping in just a dry base layer top and bottom (I mean I made the switch for comfort reasons) so I’m guesstimating I should bring the 0F gear over the 20F gear if the coldest overnight low breaks freezing, 32F. Might sound too conservative and I’ll have to experiment, but I’ve learned that too much insulation is always better than not enough.