LSOH Warrior
    Tarp
    HG DCF w/ Doors
    Insulation
    HG 20° Phoenix
    Suspension
    PT's Ultralight Ha

Superior Gear Not Responding to Emails

Does anyone know how long it takes for Superior Gear to ship out a hammock? The Superior Hammock product page states "Estimated production time: 7- 9 weeks". I placed my order on June 16 (10 weeks ago) and had been emailing back and forth with Danny, but he stopped responding as of July 12. I was hoping to have my hammock before the summer was over, but at this rate it seems like I won't get my order in time. Maybe they're having production problems or something of the sort?

Images
    Folks go on vacation, etc. Perhaps contacting the generic Customer Support for updated shipping schedule would be a good avenue.

Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    To be fair to the OP, he said he hasn’t responded to an email since July 12th.
    im going to assume he’s sent a few emails so I’m thinking this posting of his wasn’t his first avenue.
    that’s a long time with no response.
    im sure all is good and you’ll hear from him shortly.
    kris

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I know Danny at Superior Gear and he is very business conscious. There must be some sort of cyber glitch or something.
    Hoping it gets settled soonest.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Superior Shelter
    Insulation
    Integrated Down
    Suspension
    Superior Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DevonHowton View Post
    Does anyone know how long it takes for Superior Gear to ship out a hammock? The Superior Hammock product page states "Estimated production time: 7- 9 weeks". I placed my order on June 16 (10 weeks ago) and had been emailing back and forth with Danny, but he stopped responding as of July 12. I was hoping to have my hammock before the summer was over, but at this rate it seems like I won't get my order in time. Maybe they're having production problems or something of the sort?
    Hi Devon, So sorry for any missed communication. We really do try to respond within one business day. I generally forward active order questions to our production team, but maybe this one fell through the cracks somehow. Very sorry about that. And we are trying our best to accurately estimate lead times, but it's not as easy as it may seem. But our entire focus right now is getting these lower. There are just many challenges with rapidly growing demand. But I do see that your order is near the top of our list now. Thanks so much for your patience! I do believe the wait will be worth it!

best,
    -danny
    Danny Warnock, Founder Superior Gear - SuperiorGear.com

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I was in a similar situation. I fell prey to the Memorial Day sale. I expected a wait time, but after ten weeks I decided to give SG a bump. The first email received no response. a day or so later I tried again and sent to several email address for SG. I also ferreted out the phone number just in case. However, after a day I did receive a response, apology, and a ETA of a week and a half before arrival. The hammock arrived a couple of days ago, several days after the estimated delivery time.

I quelled my eagerness to deploy the SG because I've been working on rebuilding a garage and my DH Sparrow is my go to for lounging/computer video watching in the evenings. Since we have been experiencing a series of Thunderstorm waves and today was a go-to-town day, I took the day off the building flurry and set the SG hammock up. OMG, I am simply delighted. There is one special difference that has been incorporated into the SG that I find so inventive for those of us who do a lot of ridge line length tweaking. That is in addition to already having a whoopie ridge line which is a mandatory tweak on the other hammocks I own/owned. I would have liked to have a whole complement of zipper pulls and will order additional, or make some, in the future. I will use the SG through the evening and plan on sleeping in it to night. My back pack has been set up for a week for my birthday week trip and I took the already packed up hammock out and will take the SG for a week end in the thunderstorm voyage. Bottom line....it was well worth the wait

Hammock
    LSOH Warrior
    Tarp
    HG DCF w/ Doors
    Insulation
    HG 20° Phoenix
    Suspension
    PT's Ultralight Ha
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyWarnock View Post
    Hi Devon, So sorry for any missed communication. We really do try to respond within one business day. I generally forward active order questions to our production team, but maybe this one fell through the cracks somehow. Very sorry about that. And we are trying our best to accurately estimate lead times, but it's not as easy as it may seem. But our entire focus right now is getting these lower. There are just many challenges with rapidly growing demand. But I do see that your order is near the top of our list now. Thanks so much for your patience! I do believe the wait will be worth it!

best,
    -danny
    Thanks for the response Danny. I'll keep an eye out for it. Hopefully it'll arrive before my Fall trip on September 8th-13th. If not, It won't see any use until next spring/summer at the earliest.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have had to wait as long as 4 months to get a TQ I ordered from one company due to the high volume of orders they had gotten. Have to remember that most of the vendors are small shops with maybe one or two people taking the order, making the product, ordering supplies, packaging for shipping ect.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    I really wish I liked gathered end hammocks because what a super cool product he’s putting out!
    I know his business must be growing rapidly. Has he gone to having all his products made over seas? I saw some pretty interesting stuff on his FB page a while back about Cambodia or something. I know at one point they were made in Minnesota, are they still?
    kris

Hammock
    Superior Hammock / Dutch / Majestic
    Tarp
    Superior Shelter
    Insulation
    Superior Hammock
    Suspension
    SuperiorSuspension
    Hi everyone, I've been enjoying an ENO Doublenest for 7 years and have decided it's way past time to upgrade my whole shelter system. I have watched about every video that you possibly can on youtube to evaluate which direction to go. I think I have landed on the Superior Gear Superior Hammock. So I was wondering if anyone else could provide me with any other insight for a larger guy of what they would add on / purchase for this hammock. I'm convinced now that it is the way to go and I would like to see what everyone has purchased as add ons and what they would have done differently.

Thanks
    Don

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast