KINDA BORING INTRODUCTION FROM MODERATELY OCD OLD GUY:
I frequently look for the best value- which I define as the intersection of two curves on a graph, cost and quality.
As the cost goes up, you expect that the quality (durability, ease of use, functionality, etc) will go up at roughly the same rate.
At some point, the increasing cost does not relate to a proportional increase in quality. The quality line flattens out and crosses the cost line. Diminishing returns, etc.
For me, that's the value zone for many situations and products.
Of course there are many instances when this is inappropriate. If you are getting a six year old a hammock, a $12 hammock will suffice.
If you are a collector, there are many other factors to consider...but by and large, for the past few decades, for most items I find this approach to be helpful.

PRACTICAL APPLICATION-TARPS:

I have used a bunch of cheap tarps over the decades. I have wanted something light, very waterproof with good tie-out tabs and durable.
Once you go into the "pro" category, it just plain gets too expensive for me relative to what I'm getting.
Just wanted to share what I consider to be an optimum value for my uses (kayak and canoe camping, car camping, backyard camping)
Unigear, available on the big A. I won't post links but you can get there. Several sizes. My favorite is the 10x13'. There's a 10x10 and a 10x16 as well.
The 10x13 is about $35. I t's a waterproofed coated nylon with some kind of silvery finish underneath. They have a charcoal gray, forest green and brown color options.
The tie outs are goo...3/4" webbing, grommet, reinforcement triangle patch and good stitching.
There is one seam in these tarps resulting from the use of five foot fabric rolls.
The 10x13 and 10x15 have "side panel" tie-outs, so you can guy out the center of the sides for more interior room.
The seam seal is very good.
they are completely waterproof and reasonably light and pack reasonably small.
Note the term "reasonably".
Obviously this is not dyneema, silpoly or silnylon.
There are certainly tarps that are way lighter and pack way smaller.
But we're talking about a compromise here.
I have had one up outside since January, in a snow climate, and while it has faded, it's still fully functional.
I leave my home-base one set up and have another one to take in the field.
Very happy with them. Happy to pay $35 every five years instead of $300 every ten or fifteen years.
And yes, of course, this is Made in China stuff.
We all make these choices. If you really want to support USA manufacturers, this isn't an option.
Anyway, thought Id share.
WiseOwl has some very simple small 6x6' on the big A for$10. One tie-out each corner...very basic but fully functional.

One of my main gripes abut 10' wide tarps s that they don't adequately cover a typical 11' tarp and rain hits one of the ends.
I use the 6x6 and rig an extension tarp off one end to provide the extra coverage. Yes of course I could turn the tarp 90 degrees and have the ridge be 13 feet long. But i really like the extra protection on each side that the 13' affords, especially in storms.
In the winter, I can get the sides down to about a foot off the ground with a 6' ridge. Which provides great wind protection.
And I can fold back the corners to make "doors" that close off the ends pretty effectively.

One photo shows the 10x13 tarp with the 6x6 extension. the other one shows a single 6x6 rigged over the table.20220818_084156.jpg20220818_084202_HDR.jpg

Cheers. Have fun and stay safe out there.