Quote Originally Posted by Of Wolf and Man View Post
Beautiful spot. Haven’t been up to the Whites since doing the Pemi loop a few years ago and desperately need to get back there. I really feel for you, loud groups of college aged kids are the worst. I mentioned in another thread where a group of college kids canoe camped next to me on State forest land and kept firing up a chainsaw every 20 minutes or so. The absolute worst. Glad you had a good time with your daughter. I’m sure you both made some good memories.
Yeah, they were annoying but didn't ruin our trip or anything. That next day we hiked up to the highest hut in the Whites and spent the night there. I wish I could tell you that it was peaceful but the place sleeps 90 or so and there were about 15 rowdy bros who had lugged up several bags of wine. Thankfully the ones in our room slept soundly enough. Here's a video of that trip, although it is focused more on the hike than the hut. But Ezri completed her 16th and 17th of the NH48 and I think may have rekindled her interest in high peak hiking.