Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes, I would like to join in sometime, I am am an old fart. I I am up for hikes also

Hammock
    Various DIY; Fronkey Bugnet
    Tarp
    DIY/Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY/Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dyneema/Evo Loops
    I like the idea now that I'm retired. Was hard to get a way before that. I could be up for a hike and hang, depending on the where and when.
    Bill

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    9' Noah
    Insulation
    Primaloft Gold
    Suspension
    Webbing N Cinchbuc
    Images
    This is where that would be posted. You can ask for a specific group of people (like no kids) if that is what you want. I don’t think that would offend any. If you want to grow a specific group of people to hang out, Facebook might be the venue to use since you can start a group there easily and moderate it yourself.
    The essential part of me can not be discussed here. Ask me in person.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair(s)
    Tarp
    SLD & Mtn. Fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20,40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    I like this idea and have thought about something similar. I’m in SE PA and it’s tough to find an area for a quick 1-2 day hike / overnight without a hour plus drive but I know of one. Would love to set something up this winter for like minded folks. Plus maybe some in that group have places I don’t know or haven’t considered. Really like this idea.
    The deep mystery gives rise to the spirits -Charc

Always strive to be the best but never believe you are - Juan Manuel Fangio

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    When I first started hammock camping, I would announce on HF that I was going out, and asked if anyone wanted to join. I almost never had company in those days (12 years ago), but I nevertheless went out. Over time, other people expressed interest in joining, but I soon learned that most of those people aren't reliable.

For example, I have one friend who won't go out if the forecast predicts even a 20% chance of precipitation. I marked him off the list because: that's crazy. I have never backed out of a trip because of inclement weather, and don't really care to camp with anyone who has that mindset. Nevertheless, I realize that many, many people are fair-weather campers, and I quickly cross them off the list because we are not at all compatible. Personally, I love weather! Nothing like sleeping in your hammock with the rain pounding down.

When you finally meet people who are not fair-weather campers, it's great knowing that they'll be there, no matter what. Sometimes, the weather is miserable, and hiking in that crap can seriously wear on your last nerve. I've had to revive some compatriots with a hot fire and hot food, but they were there when they said they would be. Those are my kind of people.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Hennessy Ultralite Explorer A-sym
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas Straps
    There are a few of us that camp together once in awhile....I dubbed us the "Geriatrics"...being retired allows us to camp for a week or two at a time I'll start posting our trips more on here....we've camped in Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia
    Maybe you can join us sometime!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12