Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

ViDEO: Kekekabic Trail East BWCA Overnight Trek...WB Eldorado hammock

I walked on the Kekekabic from the East side off the Gunflint Trail (which is a road) up in Northern Minnesota out of Grand Marais.
    Never hiked this end of the trail. Interesting to see the burned area coming back. Thought it would be an easy saunter. I thought wrong. Was mentally tough due to overgrowth on trail and a path full of rocks trying to take me down. Had to focus and focus some more.
    Kekekabic Trail Guide.....https://shop.northcountrytrail.org/p...ic-trail-guide
    Whoooooo Buddy)))))

Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Great trip report Shug! Looked like a tough one, surprised you ran into as many people out there as you did.

Looks like you've done just about every trail up in the BWCA now except for the PowWow Trail - https://www.boundarywaterstrails.org/powwow-trail-guide . That ones on my list to do one day, but its fairly barren at the moment due to wildfires.

Also check out this guys site, he has a ton of great info on that old railroad up there, if you want to read more - https://padwrr.com/logging/gunflint-lake-superior-rr/ supposedly he's coming out with a book on it one day.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    That looked like a really tough hike. I could feel your exhaustion by the time you made it to your campsite. Still beautiful in it's own way though. Seems like maybe the wildlife was the star of this one, which is cool for me.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowraheem View Post
    Great trip report Shug! Looked like a tough one, surprised you ran into as many people out there as you did.

Looks like you've done just about every trail up in the BWCA now except for the PowWow Trail - https://www.boundarywaterstrails.org/powwow-trail-guide . That ones on my list to do one day, but its fairly barren at the moment due to wildfires.

Also check out this guys site, he has a ton of great info on that old railroad up there, if you want to read more - https://padwrr.com/logging/gunflint-lake-superior-rr/ supposedly he's coming out with a book on it one day.
    It was mentally tough due to the long day, drive and all. I did the Pow Wow in my pre-hammock and pre-filming days way before the fire. Had a black fly infestation. Could not believe how many. They covered me. It was a July 6th trip and soooo hot and muggy. I want to go back sometime soon. Maybe even bring my solo tent for that one.
    Thanks on the railroad info.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    That looked like a really tough hike. I could feel your exhaustion by the time you made it to your campsite. Still beautiful in it's own way though. Seems like maybe the wildlife was the star of this one, which is cool for me.
    Tiredness added drama!! I've been told I make backpacking look to fun and easy. Me and that beaver had a good chat.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Good hike. Looked like Type 2 fun!

Overgrown with those hidden rubble-sized rocks (mountain bikers call 'em 'baby heads') makes for very tedious hiking. The glaciers left a lot of annoying features when they receded.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks glaciers~~haaaaa
    Baby heads. Learn something new every day.

• + New Posts